Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

3 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Maybe he has morals

3 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

Maybe he didn't want to work for murderers.

hopefully that was why. but he has a pretty good thing going at villareal. i just dont see it happening

2 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Emery and this squad = top half of the league, fast.

How would we set up in an Emery 442? 

I suppose Buendia could play on the right and Bailey on left, JJ could probably also play as a wide midfielder.  The problem would be Coutinho, I suppose we could play 4411 with Coutinho behind the striker.

5 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

Fair play. This guy really is giving it a good go. I almost want to believe he's genuine...in fact I must do believe a little as I replied 

The fact that he's taking suggestions on Twitter means he is probably full of ****.

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

The fact that he's taking suggestions on Twitter means he is probably full of ****.

In fairness Purslow took the last managerial suggestions from his personal scrapbook so Twitter might be better 😛

I've never seen a less accurate bunch of spoofers than Villa ITK Twitter. To the point where I don't even raise an eyebrow any more. It's a heap of young lads in their Mams spare room making things up. No credibility to any of it.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, kevpants said:

I've never seen a less accurate bunch of spoofers than Villa ITK Twitter. To the point where I don't even raise an eyebrow any more. It's a heap of young lads in their Mams spare room making things up. No credibility to any of it.

I agree, although Emery is someone we should inquire about as he is yet to agree a new contract at Villarreal which expires in June.

2 minutes ago, kevpants said:

Yeah, at best some of them might know someone tangentially associated with Villa and treat all the gossip as gospel. 

It's all horseshit. Poch was never even close IMO.

I see no reason, if the club is willing to throw money at backing a manager on vanity signings and allowing unfancied players have their values diminish through either freezing them out indefinitely or shipping them off on loan to sub-par leagues, why they shouldn't be throwing money at a marquee manager in the first place.

Whatever money/assurances Pochettino would want, give him.

If there is absolutely no price that he would want to take the job, then same approach with Emery.

With no disrespect to Frank, we do not need another project.  We do not need another "up and comer".

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, duke313 said:

How would we set up in an Emery 442? 

I suppose Buendia could play on the right and Bailey on left, JJ could probably also play as a wide midfielder.  The problem would be Coutinho, I suppose we could play 4411 with Coutinho behind the striker.

Apparantly he favours 4-2-3-1 - but I'm only 5 minutes into googling the bloke.

8 minutes ago, duke313 said:

I agree, although Emery is someone we should inquire about as he is yet to agree a new contract at Villarreal which expires in June.

But if he leaves I think he’d go to a better side than Villa.

4 minutes ago, PeterSw said:

Don't know an awful lot about Emery. Why did he 'fail' at Arsenal? Was it down to him or other reasons?

After googling I found that Wenger critised Arsenal for not giving him enough time. Always hard for the one replacing Wenger anyway.