Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

6 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

He has the double pivot in Kamara and Luiz + Dendoncker (at Spurs it was Dembele and Dier then later Wanyama), he has his Eriksen in Buendia or Coutinho, he has his Alli in Ramsey like you said, his Son in Bailey. He has his flying fullbacks in Cash and Digne.

Only thing is can he get some form out of Ings. He seemed like the natural replacement for Kane right before we got him, so hopefully it's still possible. Honestly if we show him this team plus promise him funds in January, I can see this being enticing for him. We have the tools. He doesn't need to spend 2 years building this like he did at Spurs:

Ings

Bailey    Ramsey   Buendia

Kamara       Luiz 

Digne  Mings     -?-      Cash

Martinez 

If it happens in the next few weeks there’s plenty of positives about the job. It’s not a rebuild and the table isn’t completely lost just yet

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, macandally said:

I wish people would stop staring as if some authority that “so and so” would not come to Villa.

This club has ambition and has backed its managers, the thing that has held us back is the Manager.

We need to grow some balls, pull the plug on the failed experiment and give Poch or even Tuchal a £100m budget for Jan and say, go for it

Our FFP should be in great shape so we should have a war chest for one of these top tier guys

• Like 1

I wouldn't be so sure that Potter or Poch or anyone else big-name is going to take the Chelsea job. Sure, the money will be great, and for Potter it's a step up, but do you want to deal with a new, unproven owner who just fired a CL-winning manager after a few bad results and, if you believe reports, bought players based on analytics that the manager didn't want? These sorts of managers know that the next opportunity is just around the corner.

Boehly is a baseball guy. Baseball is very statistics-driven. These days, the manager is almost a figurehead who doesn't make his own decisions; he plays the odds based on what the statisticians give him. If Boehly tries to run Chelsea like that, nobody will want to be there. Football is not baseball.

Having said all that...if Potter or Poch turn down Chelsea because they're waiting for the perfect chance, they probably won't come to Villa, either.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, macandally said:

I wish people would stop staring as if some authority that “so and so” would not come to Villa.

This club has ambition and has backed its managers, the thing that has held us back is the Manager.

We need to grow some balls, pull the plug on the failed experiment and give Poch or even Tuchal a £100m budget for Jan and say, go for it

giphy.gif?cid=5e2148868psn1bmwjcu3o3hspw

• Haha 1

I think there’s a chance that Poch would love to come to Villa. If he’s promised a massive salary plus funds to develop the squad, he might just fancy the challenge. He’s managed Southampton and Spurs, so it’s not like he’s a Pep who has only managed elite clubs.

• Like 3

Just now, It's Your Round said:

I think there’s a chance that Poch would love to come to Villa. If he’s promised a massive salary plus funds to develop the squad, he might just fancy the challenge. He’s managed Southampton and Spurs, so it’s not like he’s a Pep who has only managed elite clubs.

It really does seem like we could entice him. It requires being proactive mind you, which we don't seem to be. 

Just now, Keyblade said:

It really does seem like we could entice him. It requires being proactive mind you, which we don't seem to be. 

I think so. We don’t really know what’s happening behind the scenes to be fair. Purslow might have already have sounded him out, he also might be fully behind Gerrard. It’s hard to know.

4 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

They were his route to the top, it'd be another thing entirely to take such a big step down

• Like 1

Just now, It's Your Round said:

I think so. We don’t really know what’s happening behind the scenes to be fair. Purslow might have already have sounded him out, he also might be fully behind Gerrard. It’s hard to know.

Maybe he is at the Belfry playing golf till the weekend. 😂

3 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

They were his route to the top, it'd be another thing entirely to take such a big step down

Might be a step down club wise, but  the money is here, apparently he was only on 1 million euro a month at PSG. ***** me were paying the apprentice more than that to be here. 🤮

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

Might be a step down club wise, but  the money is here, apparently he was only on 1 million euro a month at PSG. ***** me were paying the apprentice more than that to be here. 🤮

SG is 'only' on about 6m/7m a year according to reports. I think we would need to be doubling that to get Poch.

3 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Jesus is Pochettino prime Alex Ferguson or Arsene Wenger?

Again, the biggest club the bloke has managed is PSG.

Before that it was Espanyol, Southampton and Tottenham.

Some of you make it sound like he has won trebles with multiple elite clubs and there has been a clamour to appoint him by all of the rest 😂

I reiterate, I rate him, but some of you are grossly over blowing his prestige ffs.

spacer.png

• Haha 1