Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

20 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

I disagree mate honestly. He would still be in the psg job if he was. Pep, klopp, ancelotti, conte, tuchel, naggelsman, ten hag, galtier all better than poch for me. 

Galtier was one we should have tried for years ago.

I'm sure we were linked at one point.

• Like 2

I'm still up for giving Gerrard a chance, but if the owners feel that they can get Tuchal, then I'd. Back them, I think he's a great coach, Chelsea is a crazy place to manage. 

If we can't get Tuchal then I'd stick for the time being 

28 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Jesus is Pochettino prime Alex Ferguson or Arsene Wenger?

Again, the biggest club the bloke has managed is PSG.

Before that it was Espanyol, Southampton and Tottenham.

Some of you make it sound like he has won trebles with multiple elite clubs and there has been a clamour to appoint him by all of the rest 😂

I reiterate, I rate him, but some of you are grossly over blowing his prestige ffs.

100%.

Clearly a top manager but little silverware to back it up he isn’t in the Klopp, Pep, Ancelotti bracket - Yet. 

He’d be an unlikely appointment but nowhere near impossible, assuming the owners still have the ambition they did and can demonstrate this. Everton getting Ancelotti was a far bigger shock than this would be.

• Like 1

Just now, Joshie2000 said:

I'm still up for giving Gerrard a chance, but if the owners feel that they can get Tuchal, then I'd. Back them, I think he's a great coach, Chelsea is a crazy place to manage. 

If we can't get Tuchal then I'd stick for the time being 

A chance to do what? Get us to Europe as the owners ambition, ain't happening.

I think he has had enough time personally.

3 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Ornstein talks sense, Neville talks shite. 

NSWE are serious, let’s see how serious they are with this next appointment. 

The signings of Bednarek and Leander Dendoncker sent shockwaves around the world of football

• Haha 4

To change the question a bit.  Are we looking for a manager with any particular STYLE of play?  Or just somebody who will win whether be scoring tons of goals or keeping clean sheets and hoping for PK (or other restart goal)?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, MSvillain said:

He went 18 months without having any transfer support in his defence 

True. But again, I remember my own shock at his sacking, and further surprise when I spoke to my rational Spurs mate who agreed that it was right to let him go.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Tuchel: yes please.

A serious, elite manager with a track record and a clear plan. Champions league winner. He would absolutely be a quantum leap over anything before and anyone else we might consider, even Poch. If the owners are serious they could land him, they have deep enough pockets and credibility, and importantly don’t have huge egos and wouldnt interfere - even Purslow would need to sit back in his seat if Tuchel was here.

You would at least hope the club would sound him out given our position.

Been saying ever since Gerrard has rumored to be sacked. The only chance we have to move on now, is to sign a top manager, whether that be a Poch, Tuchel or even Rodgers will do. We cannot afford taking risks on these apprentice managers anymore. F*** me, we could have got a top experienced manager for the money we are paying Gerrard to learn on the job, it's scandalous, it really is.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

True, taking the best and richest club in France by miles to 2nd place is a bit of a concern though. Like Rangers or Celtic finishing 3rd. A brilliant Spurs team featuring a world class player didn't manage to win anything, and were poor in the CL final.

I would love to see Pochettino here, but, questions...

"A brilliant Spurs team featuring a world class player", you make it sound like these happened in spite of Pochettino.

They were brilliant because of him. Kane was a nobody who had wholly unremarkable loans at Leicester and Norwich before Poch. They got to a CL final after 18 months of not signing a single player because of him.

If you look at where they were in 2014 before he joined, they had absolutely no right to do any of that. One turbulent season at PSG doesn't put any of that into question imo.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Ornstein talks sense, Neville talks shite. 

NSWE are serious, let’s see how serious they are with this next appointment. 

Are they as serious as people keep telling us? 

Why not go for a top manager last year if they are? Why did we go for the manager of rangers? 

Why is it different now?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, srsmithusa said:

To change the question a bit.  Are we looking for a manager with any particular STYLE of play?  Or just somebody who will win whether be scoring tons of goals or keeping clean sheets and hoping for PK (or other restart goal)?

Ideally i want a manager who has an attacking philosophy, but doesn’t compromise the defence for it. A manager who is willing to develop players, rather than buy ready made stars. A manager who insists that the youth get trained like the seniors and also insist that loanees go to clubs that help youngster develop to being players that can fit our new system. 

Really I want a manager with a long term plan and the ability, knowledge and fight to achieve it 

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886rml57lf8m19pjgje0z

4 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Why not go for a top manager last year if they are? Why did we go for the manager of rangers? 

Why is it different now?

The owners got turned by Purslow and his desire to sign Gerrard. Would have loved to have heard his justification for signing him and putting him on 10 million a year.

Purslow "Well Mrs Edens, he played for Liverpool and has just won the Premiership". 

Edens, "The Premiership, I thought Man City won it"?

Don't worry about that, he'll go straight to a Champions League club if we don't offer him the big bucks".  

6 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Why is it different now?

1. Finish 11th with 55 points.

2. Pick up 10 points from first 11 games the following season manager rightly gets the sack, with the CEO citing continuous improvement.

3. Sign the Rangers manager, who has no prior experience.

4. ?????

5. Profit

25 minutes ago, penguin said:

100%.

Clearly a top manager but little silverware to back it up he isn’t in the Klopp, Pep, Ancelotti bracket - Yet. 

He’d be an unlikely appointment but nowhere near impossible, assuming the owners still have the ambition they did and can demonstrate this. Everton getting Ancelotti was a far bigger shock than this would be.

Lack of silverware isn’t that relevant in Villa’s case? We’re not really in a position to turn down managers because they only finished second in the World Cup or lost their latest UCL final.

4 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Lack of silverware isn’t that relevant in Villa’s case? We’re not really in a position to turn down managers because they only finished second in the World Cup or lost their latest UCL final.

I feel like you may have completely misinterpreted my post?

Edited by penguin

7 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

1. Finish 11th with 55 points.

2. Pick up 10 points from first 11 games the following season manager rightly gets the sack, with the CEO citing continuous improvement.

3. Sign the Rangers manager, who has no prior experience.

4. ?????

5. Profit

You appear to have missed a few points between picking up 10 points and getting sacked 🤣