Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

I would love it to be Poch, but unless it's taking time to sort his package out (no Kenneth's please), I doubt he would be happy playing golf at the Belfry, waiting on Purslow to decide whether to sack Gerrard or not.

Where’s that guy who was hiding behind bushes during the Jo saga down in London?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Peter Griffin said:

I think Villa fans would turn on Potter quite quickly and wouldn't give him the time he needs. To me, Potter appears to be a slow build type of guy and would take a long time to get Villa to where we want to be. They have gone through quite a long time without a striker that can score goals and spent a long time passing the ball to each and dropping points. That would not be tolerated at Villa Park

Peter Peter.

Villa fans will turn on any manager if they don't get the results. If its Poch or Potter it dont matter.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ChicagoVillan1983 said:

I don’t remember being as excited for anything related to Villa as much as the day MON signed for us. It felt like a new era.

Well it was because of the other options. There were very few rumours - no social media in those days - and going into that day I remember thinking it could be Souness and we would be circling the drain. When it was MON I was simply so delighted.

Everyone saying Potter needs time etc etc I dont agree with.

What about poch? He only won 6 out of his last 24 games with Tottenham in the PL. He left the PL on a 5 loss streak with Spurs. That form with Villa and they all be asking for him to be sacked and be on his back. 

Edited by messi11

11 hours ago, skarroki said:

I'm not sure if it would be sensible to go after him right now, but I'd be curious to see how Pirlo does in Turkey. I think he was quite good and unlucky to lose his job at Juve, would surely want a move back to one of the biggers leagues after he's spent a season or 2 in Turkey. He's only signed a one-year deal which to me suggests he's not planning on sticking around for long.

I dont see it he was a great player better than our manager but at Juventus he was shocking. They had won 8 or 9 leagues in a row and he got them 4th because Napoli collapsed in the run in

I think he hired his coaching course instructor as assistant manager or coach

2 hours ago, avfc1982am said:

I'd take Rodgers all day. I'd just prefer a rested Rodgers though. My concern would be taking any manager that has not had a couple of months to step back, and re-evaluate themselves. I think we all need it at times. Sometimes going from one shitshow into another isn't the best thing to do. We need freshness whoever takes the reins imo. 

Yes, I would also take Rodgers over Gerrard any day of the week!

He wouldn't be in my top three choices though, I also think the same as you with regards to the self refelction.

The Man City result buys him time, it was a very good performance, very disciplined and reactive to criticism, it has demonstrated a humility, a willingness to listen and also quite obviously he has the support of the players.

Clearly has to kick on but perhaps the players learned a few things too. Maybe a corner has been turned - we will all find out in a few games time. I reckon unless we return to consecutive losses again, he has until the World Cup, but I think this period has done a lot of damage, we are still in a big hole.

• Like 4