Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

Just now, Dale said:

Indeed, they weren't signing for Rangers were they? I think they liked the idea of playing for a legend more than the reality of it! 

As a player I'd sooner play for a Poch, Potter, Rogers, someone who'd shown that they can make players better. 

100% at least they can say they achieved something.  All gerrards done in england is upset a club captain, united a fanbase against him and played turd football

• Like 3

I thought this when Smith got sacked but for sure with the current squad we have got here, I think there is a long list of managers who would love to manage this squad. Villa is an attractive job under these owners and I don’t think it will be a struggle to get a good name, just ideally would like Gerrard gone sooner rather than later. 

If poch came i know its unlikely but that is the kind of appointment that lifts the fans, the players everyone associated at the club.

Thats the turning point for us like when conte went spurs.  Id move heaven and earth to get him here if he had any interest in coming here.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

If poch came i know its unlikely but that is the kind of appointment that lifts the fans, the players everyone associated at the club.

Thats the turning point for us like when conte went spurs.  Id move heaven and earth to get him here if he had any interest in coming here.

The Foxes forum will be crying today as they thought you wanted Rodgers. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Made In Aston said:

The Foxes forum will be crying today as they thought you wanted Rodgers. 

Hell i would but obviously if its a choice between rodgers and poch your going for poch.

Rodgers is more realistic though and i would still be very happy with him.

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Its unbelievable if thats what theyvthink. They should have gerrard if they really want to see a awful manager 

Gerrard being shit is making us absolutely desperate. We need to keep our heads. 

We have a habit of gambling on managers when we don't need to.

The last top managers we got in and everyone were confident in were big Ron and Sir GT (1st time) and MON, I'm convinced houllier would have taken us forward if not for his medical issues.

We got lucky with Brian Little and Gregory they were gambles.

Dean Smith is the only other manager we have put any though into as his team were playing great football in the same division we were in.

Hoping some young manager who does well or ok in a weak league for a few years, will come good in a much more competitive league is unnecessary risk taking.

Use the carney money on binning the bin dipper and getting in a good proven manager.

Edited by brummybloke

2 minutes ago, daft said:

Gerrard being shit is making us absolutely desperate. We need to keep our heads. 

I dont think wanting rodgers is desperate though  mate. If it was someone like allardyce or Hodgson then i would agree

31 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I dont think wanting rodgers is desperate though  mate. If it was someone like allardyce or Hodgson then i would agree

Is a reason Leicester are bottom and the club havent given him any money to spend

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brummybloke said:

We have a habit of gambling on managers when we don't need to.

The last top managers we got in and everyone were confident in were big Ron and Sir GT (1st time) and MON, I'm convinced houllier would have taken us forward if not for his medical issues.

We got lucky with Brian Little and Gregory they were gambles.

Dean Smith is the only other manager we have put any though into as his team were playing great football in the same division we were in.

Hoping some young manager who does well or ok in a weak league for a few years, will come good in a much more competitive league is unnecessary risk taking.

Use the carney money on binning the bin dipper and getting in a good proven manager.

When I think of gambling on a continental name that will excite the footballing hipsters I think of Tom Fox appointing Remi Garde. Had done alright in Ligue 1, had a few good performances in CL and was the worst possible fit for Villa in the position we were in.

I think Premier League success will have to be priority No.1 for the next guy.

11 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

When I think of gambling on a continental name that will excite the footballing hipsters I think of Tom Fox appointing Remi Garde. Had done alright in Ligue 1, had a few good performances in CL and was the worst possible fit for Villa in the position we were in.

I think Premier League success will have to be priority No.1 for the next guy.

I agree. No more risks because, if the next appointment doesn't work, we could find ourselves relegated. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1