Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

17 minutes ago, useless said:

I wouldn't particularly want Potter and would want Frank even less, I think we have to move away from bringing in mangers that have done well or in Potter's case suposedly done well at lesser clubs, as that's what we've been doing since O'Neill left, and it hasn't worked. If we were to go down that route I'd rather Cooper than Potter or Frank. But I think we need to stop messing about and just go for a proven as possible manager, wether that be Rodgesr, Pochettino or someone else of a similar standing.

What do you mean with Potter ”supposedly” done well at a lesser club? It’s there to see.

The club will have to choose between candidates who are less than perfect. They will either come up from smaller clubs where they’ve done very well (Potter) or down from bigger clubs where they’ve done less well (Poch). Or sideways from clubs where they have been okay (Rodgers).

Or from abroad (where they’ve most likely performed voodoo rituals and danced around to the sound of didgeridoos)

• Like 1

the only thing I want ‘proven’ is consistently setting a team up tactically to have the best chance of winning. Potter and Frank do that. Rogers and Poch do too, they just did it at clubs with better players

Leicester decline concerns me, I know they have financial issues but their squad hasn’t changed that much

Edited by a m ole
  • Like 2

What's Ray Wyatt up to these days, deffo worth a shout ..

Or maybe Don barker, Felix Hahn, David Spiers, Jimmy Craig, Patrick Doyle or if we really want to go Big Luis Amore Rodriguez 

We could also get Jeff Stein to take over recruitment ...

jeff stein profile image 002.jpg

47 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

What happens to all the coaches if Gerrard gets sacked and new manager wants to bring his own people in. Do we just pay them all off too? Even Critchley who has only just landed?

We haven't looked on it since Bournemouth away on the opening game of the season. 

That's mostly on Gerrard, but Critchley et al bear some responsibility as well.

Splash the cash on Potter - I'm sure we still would give him what ever to over haul the squad (squad is already good imo) and make whatever necessary signings for him. But if somehow that required our transfer budget to be decreased massively, just do it. 

He could turn this squad around as is, and potentially have us competing for Europe in a few years. Imagine with the funds too... 

3 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Its been a tough day mate. Thats just the grief talking. 

tumblr_mnswi1U3IM1rqfhi2o1_400.gif&f=1&n

What's the issue ?.His team was always organised and had a plan and you always knew you we're up for a tuff game  we look toothless all this on limited budgets just like Howe.

Edited by ozvilla28
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

No to Thomas Franks, just another Dean Smith. We need a name  someone with proven experience. Rodgers, Poch, Potter, no more YTS managers please!

Franks isn't that different to Potter in terms of experience, managed Brondby for three years before he turned up at Brentford.

Just now, ozvilla28 said:

What's the issue ?.His team was always organised and had a plan and you always knew you we're  up for a game all this on limited budgets just like Howe.

True. I just hate the way his teams play. I dont think he can get anything out of our quality players. I wouldnt enjoy Dyche ball 24/7 is all.  He would do better than Gerrard results wise tho you are right.

3 minutes ago, ozvilla28 said:

Sean Dyche is one I would look at similar to Howe at Newcastle.

Not him. He’s never played any other style than Burnley’s, so would use it here as well. Our squad isn’t suited to a game based on physical battles and trying to win headers and second balls. Villa fans would hate it. Our players would hate it and leave asap.

• Like 1

It could be a convenient arrangement for Rodgers to wrap things up at Leicester and move to us - it's clear that his relationship is pretty strained there now. It'll be even more so when Fofana leaves. I reckon Leicester, Rodgers, and Villa could come to a mutual agreement pretty easily and there wouldn't need too much money in pay-offs. Rodgers would be looking at our squad right now and think he could do something with it. He signed both Coutinho and Ings for Liverpool.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

It could be a convenient arrangement for Rodgers to wrap things up at Leicester and move to us - it's clear that his relationship is pretty strained there now. It'll be even more so when Fofana leaves. I reckon Leicester, Rodgers, and Villa could come to a mutual agreement pretty easily and there wouldn't need too much money in pay-offs. Rodgers would be looking at our squad right now and think he could do something with it. He signed both Coutinho and Ings for Liverpool.

Maybe he could bring along some Leicester people responsible for recruiting players?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Dyche isnt as bad as some make out. He produced miracles at Burnley wigh no money

Very much 4-4-2 and up and down, have we got the squad to play that? Not sure how well he'd gel with the foreign players either as he didn't sign that many for Burnley.

Would feel a bit O'Neillesque without him actually getting us in top 6 imo.

13 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

I remember this or another similar incident in Italy, didnt the owner have a full unveiling ceremony for a new manager and "surprise" it was the old one they still had on gardening leave under contract or something? Glad it worked!!

But ff Purslow unveils Lambert I will riot. 

Seems to be a big thing in Italy. Instead of paying off managers they just keep them on the payroll and bring them back as required when their replacements don't work out. Happens quite often.

• Thanks 1

Just now, El-Reacho said:

Seems to be a big thing in Italy. Instead of paying off managers they just keep them on the payroll and bring them back as required when their replacements don't work out. Happens quite often.

Genius! So can we bring back Smith?

6 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Not him. He’s never played any other style than Burnley’s, so would use it here as well. Our squad isn’t suited to a game based on physical battles and trying to win headers and second balls. Villa fans would hate it. Our players would hate it and leave asap.

At the end of the day results matter fullstop what's the point having a manager play attractive style still not getting results let's not forget the budget and players Dyche had to work it.