Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

1 minute ago, macandally said:

Your point is what? 

Leicester have relied on Vardy for years and have now stopped investing.  We have the players and lack any form of structure.

I would take Rogers in a heart beat Stockport County or not 

Stopped investing - this summer yes, but  look at last summer look at how much he’s spent since his appointment … then come back to me and then we can discuss my point 

6 minutes ago, macandally said:

Your point is what? 

Leicester have relied on Vardy for years and have now stopped investing.  We have the players and lack any form of structure.

I would take Rogers in a heart beat Stockport County or not 

Foxestalk want him gone so they'd be happy

8 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Stopped investing - this summer yes, but  look at last summer look at how much he’s spent since his appointment … then come back to me and then we can discuss my point 

They spent £60m last summer?  

I would still swap him in a heartbeat and your point is still mute 

51 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Poch after Gerrard if Gerrard had been a success, can't see him wanting it now

If Gerrard had been a success, then we wouldn’t be talking about the next manager.

We have a good squad that is underperforming badly, with owners that will back the new manager. Any good manager that comes in after Gerrard will look like a genius, who don’t want that.

since Gerrard manage to beat Boston’s B team, with our A team, the next manager would have the chance to take us on a cup run.

6 hours ago, duke313 said:

Would anyone take Sean Dyche if it meant getting rid of Gerrard?

Imagine us playing 442 with Coutinho asked to play on the left and mark the marauding full-back 🤣

I tell you one think he had a system and identity and everybody knew how they played and always well organised.

49 minutes ago, viivvaa66 said:
1 hour ago, romavillan said:

Poch after Gerrard if Gerrard had been a success, can't see him wanting it now

If Gerrard had been a success, then we wouldn’t be talking about the next manager

Obviously but the point was that we'd need to be top 6 material at least for Pochetino to be interested 

9 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Rodgers has to be our top priority. He is proven in exactly what we need. 

He took Swansea to 8th and won them a League Cup. Put Liverpool back on the map both on and off the pitch which attracted Klopp. Did stuff in Scotland. Took an ailing, ageing Leicester and guided them from mid table mediocrity to a club that now expects Europe and possibly would have Champions League football if not for lockdown, and won the FA Cup.  

If he's not good enough then our ambitions are delusional. 

He is definitely better than what we have, I still want better.

6 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

Potter appears to be doing it at Brighton

He would be my pick if Gerrard does fail. To stand any chance of getting  him (or any decent manager) we would have to wait until the end of the season,  unless Gerrard has a complete disaster, relegation form , then I would be in favour of giving him the rest of the season then replacing in a calm and calculated way in the summer. 

• Like 1

Just now, tinker said:

He would be my pick if Gerrard does fail. To stand any chance of getting  him (or any decent manager) we would have to wait until the end of the season,  unless Gerrard has a complete disaster, relegation form , then I would be in favour of giving him the rest of the season then replacing in a calm and calculated way in the summer. 

Poch is currently available so we wouldn't need to wait for him. As for Potter, I posted the other day and I don't know why I feel this way, but I think any club would find it difficult to take Potter from Brighton mid season. I think he is the kind of guy that will should loyalty to see out the season. 

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

It would… beating them and performing well would encourage me and make me feel more positive. But, even though they haven’t had a great start, I can’t imagine that that will happen. Will be pleasantly  surprised if it does…

We haven’t beaten them since 2015 btw…

I am worried about the Arsenal and City games though… we could be thrashed and badly embarrassed… I don’t want that to happen. Team morale and spirit could be broken… could be hard to recover form and it would affect us badly for the rest of the season… 

I also worry who the new manager of Aston Villa could be if Gerrard gets sacked. It wont be Potter or Poch
Maybe we should keep Gerrard to the end of the season what ever happens then try for Potter in the summer. got more chance.

5 minutes ago, Lupinthe5th said:

I also worry who the new manager of Aston Villa could be if Gerrard gets sacked. It wont be Potter or Poch
Maybe we should keep Gerrard to the end of the season what ever happens then try for Potter in the summer. got more chance.

If potter progresses again this reason with Brighton and say we’re fighting relegation with Gerrard, which is what I think will happen. why wound he take over us next season? 

• Like 1

Just now, The_Steve said:

People are dreaming if they think Poch would take over in our current structure.

Our current position is excellent for a new manager or Poch to take over. Loads of quality players, youth coming through, very supportive owners and a playing squad that just about everyone agrees is under performing. Poch or any manager is not going to get a job at a team where the players are not underperforming.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Lupinthe5th said:

Considering the general consensus on Gerrard a, I truly fear what they'd conjure up next, if Gerrard is as awful as suspected. 

They certainly won't have the ability to bring in a Poch or Potter.

• Like 1