Atmospherics

maqroll

7 hours ago, maqroll said:

Sharing a ground with your biggest rival seems crazy to me. 

Its very common in Italy. Only Juventus/Torino from the big city derbies dont have it

Edited by Zatman

13 hours ago, maqroll said:

Sharing a ground with your biggest rival seems crazy to me. 

It makes sense to me. You can have one good stadium that's used weekly instead of two poor ones that are idle most of the time. Fans get too attached to stadiums. 

• Confused 1

19 minutes ago, villa89 said:

It makes sense to me. You can have one good stadium that's used weekly instead of two poor ones that are idle most of the time. Fans get too attached to stadiums. 

Most of the stadiums are also owned by city councils not the club 

1 hour ago, villa89 said:

Cool, we'll just let SHA move into VP then when the sty finally falls down.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, El Zen said:

Anyone fancy a trip to Morocco?

Obviously FIFA won't allow anything like this but I really hope they get the 2030 WC instead of Saudi Arabia. Won't happen of course as the Saudis have already bought it but it would be epic.

3 hours ago, sne said:

Obviously FIFA won't allow anything like this but I really hope they get the 2030 WC instead of Saudi Arabia. Won't happen of course as the Saudis have already bought it but it would be epic.

Of course, Morocco brings its own (big!) ethical issues to the table, but in terms of football culture it would be very good and much, much better than Saudi overall obviously. 

3 minutes ago, El Zen said:

Of course, Morocco brings its own (big!) ethical issues to the table, but in terms of football culture it would be very good and much, much better than Saudi overall obviously. 

Absolutely. And as everyone who followed the Qatar debate knows that critique wasn't about only one issue. Not gonna find any candidate who doesn't have issues.

Morocco for all their faults would still be a fantastic WC.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sne said:

Absolutely. And as everyone who followed the Qatar debate knows that critique wasn't about only one issue. Not gonna find any candidate who doesn't have issues.

Morocco for all their faults would still be a fantastic WC.

Yep, absolutely. I don’t know if Argentina are still in for it, but I’d love to see that personally. 

Just now, El Zen said:

Yep, absolutely. I don’t know if Argentina are still in for it, but I’d love to see that personally. 

Can't see how their finances could afford it. They are going bankrupt any day now.

13 hours ago, El Zen said:

Anyone fancy a trip to Morocco?

Not sure if you needs a VPN to watch this (or a account) but Swedish journalist Erik Niva and his colleague have a video series in Aftonbladet where they travel around visiting some of the most interesting venues in mostly European football. This one thou they went to the Casablanca derby. The very same you posted above. 

It's a really great series well worth the watch. It's in Swedish thou but as a Norwegian you should be OK right?

Fotbollsresan

Erik Niva och Linn Nordström reser ut i fotbollsvärlden. Se alla reportage och inslag här.

https://special.aftonbladet.se/story/fotbollsresan?video=354773#marocko

• Thanks 1

Vålerenga ultras celebrating with the players after an opening day 1-0 away at Aalesund. Not a bad effort considering it’s an 8 hour bus ride one way and tomorrow is a work day. Shame I couldn’t be there:

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Vålerenga tifo from Monday in full

I helped out a little bit with cutting the letters, putting out the mosaic and fixing the letters to the netting. Hard work (harder than you might think) but proud of the results. 

• Like 3

Â