January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

Ounahi.

Ways to express cynical world view:

If cheap. 'He could be the next Tonev.'

If a bit more expensive. 'He could be the next Trezeguet.'

Because he's skinny. 'He could be the next that skinny kid who plays in the playground and gets bullied by other kids.'

Other ways to complain:

'I hadn't heard about him before the world cup, and sometimes players don't do well after world cups, so he could be the next Paborsky.'

Try to fit in a, 'I'm all for us trying to find hidden gems, but I want to have heard of them, and they need to all look like prime Ronaldo in a YouTube video.'

Sprinkle a little, 'But can he make a difference now. I want us to recruit like Brighton, but they also need to be ready now and not over time like Brighton.'

Add a touch of, 'This shows we have no money. Otherwise we'd be bidding for some imaginary, well-known, top-tier 24 year old finished product that only we discovered—but if we did do that, we should only do if for a bargain price otherwise it shows how desperate we are.'

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Rolta said:

Ounahi.

Because he's skinny. 'He could be the next that skinny kid who plays in the playground and gets bullied by other kids.'

Other ways to complain:

'I hadn't heard about him before the world cup, and sometimes players don't do well after world cups, so he could be the next Paborsky.'

Try to fit in a, 'I'm all for us trying to find hidden gems, but I want to have heard of them, and they need to all look like prime Ronaldo in a YouTube video.'

Sprinkle a little, 'But can he make a difference now. I want us to recruit like Brighton, but they also need to be ready now and not over time like Brighton.'

Add a touch of, 'This shows we have no money. Otherwise we'd be bidding for some imaginary, well-known, top-tier 24 year old finished product that only we discovered—but if we did do that, we should only do if for a bargain price otherwise it shows how desperate we are.'

All of them at once I suppose Blank Template - Imgflip

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Rolta said:

Ounahi.

Other ways to complain:

I don’t think he will be cheap is the only thing 😂

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Yeah I don't like Ounahi's stats much. Would only be a sensible signing if we could get him on the cheap, like under 10 million. Otherwise, no point.

I missed this one!

(I thought from YouTube that he played further forwards, but he's a CM apparently—so maybe a Guendozi alternative)

Edited by Rolta

10 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Seems we are one of a few clubs interested in Luiz Henrique of Real Betis. Another Brazilian added to the team would be nice, he looks quite fast and skillful as well.

Only in Europe 6 months and isnt setting Betis alight. Be a risk

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Nonsense. He's been excellent the last few months. Torn Barca into shreds a few days ago

Edited by messi11

19 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Duran has only had 12 months in MLS.  It would be a similar signing to him, not quite first team ready but one to integrate slowly. Probably one for the summer rather than January.

34 minutes ago, Rolta said:

Otherwise we'd be bidding for some imaginary, well-known, top-tier 24 year old finished product that only we discovered—but if we did do that, we should only do if for a bargain price otherwise it shows how desperate we are.'

On a tangent point, what you’ve just described is Haaland. It’s mad that Man City got that deal for a young, bargain, complete young player because of a clause.  Only one or two clubs in the world Haaland would’ve gone to but crazy what a deal City got. Sorry off topic but as I was reading your point about our transfers comments, it’s mad the strongest club side in the world is able to get that deal.

• Like 2

Based on the type of players we're linked with, looks like we are definitely in the market for a midfielder and a winger, I think that will be it for January.

• Moreno
  • Duran (more of a bonus signing, one for the future)
  • New CM
  • New Winger
Edited by duke313
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

And yet has no assists or goals in ligue 1

Yeah stars at world cups or any tournaments but haven’t repeated that at club level is historically a poor idea to buy post tournament 

• Like 1

Not saying Ounahi would be some sure-fire success at Villa or anything but he's been rated as a potentially very good talent for more than just his World Cup appearances. Been a bit of a shining light in an otherwise underwhelming Angers side for the last couple of seasons for the same reasons he stood out so much for Morocco in terms of his ability to carry the ball from deep etc.