January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

4 hours ago, nick76 said:

Why are you assuming limited funds? Why are you assuming a max of two signings?

I’m not saying you are right or wrong but we have been no indication that either is true.  

I can see us spending a lot or a little depending on circumstances, I also can see us buying one or two because of availability or buying quite a few because foreign teams financial issues, Emery’s pull, Emery wanting several positions, Emery not fussed about expense of a player but skill set so could see quite a few cheaper coming through the door like Moreno.  

IMO we’ve got no friggin clue what, how much, who is going to happen.

Mmm its unknown but im going off the usually jan window activity which tends to see less high profile player movement which we want to try and secure and hopefully we dont settle for less with our targets and then come summer say we spent it in jan.. forward and a full back please but ill wait till summer if it means we can get a high profile one. 

Tielemans and Moussa Diaby would be a dream combination 🤩 soon i want to be looking at that team sheet and say yes we can tear these lot apart and have minimal doubts.

Ings/Watkins

Diaby                        Bailey 

Buendia

Kamara        Luiz 

A.Moreno   Carlos    Konsa    Cash

Martinez

Yeah ultimately Buendia, watkins, Mcginn, bailey,cash and Mings  are not good enough to propel us to that next level (particularly the highlighted players and most should be replaced by the summer, that line up is only what id like to see after this window

22 minutes ago, duke313 said:

There are some players that needs moved on, Guilbert, Nakamba, Sanson etc.  Ings isn't one of them.

Ok. So you think we can keep Ings and Watkins, on a combined weekly salary of £200k+ and bring in another striker that’s better than both (because we want to improve right?)?

Ings is a prime candidate to be sold. Getting older, huge wages, reserve striker. We as a club need to back ourselves to sell players that we know aren’t going to get us to where we want to be, and then bring in players that we think might. It’s down to the scouting department to work that out. 

3 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Ok. So you think we can keep Ings and Watkins, on a combined weekly salary of £200k+ and bring in another striker that’s better than both (because we want to improve right?)?

Ings is a prime candidate to be sold. Getting older, huge wages, reserve striker. We as a club need to back ourselves to sell players that we know aren’t going to get us to where we want to be, and then bring in players that we think might. It’s down to the scouting department to work that out. 

I'm sure Emery would like to replace the whole squad with better players if he could, but that's not really feasible is it.  

The players who I mentioned don't play and should be a priority to ship out, not our top scorer.

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

I'm sure Emery would like to replace the whole squad with better players if he could, but that's not really feasible is it.  

The players who I mentioned don't play and should be a priority to ship out, not our top scorer.

But our top scorer doesn't start. Should we sell Watkins instead then?

10 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Yeah ultimately Buendia, watkins, Mcginn, bailey,cash and Mings  are not good enough to propel us to that next level (particularly the highlighted players and most should be replaced by the summer, that line up is only what id like to see after this window

But what you're proposing is we replace 6 first teamers in one window

Its not to going to happen

And even if half of that change did happen I would then question the quality that we would be able to attract with what kind of spend

I would prefer a summer where we replace 2 of them while spending £100m

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

But what you're proposing is we replace 6 first teamers in one window

Its not to going to happen

And even if half of that change did happen I would then question the quality that we would be able to attract with what kind of spend

I would prefer a summer where we replace 2 of them while spending £100m

Mings is pretty much already replaced (waiting on Diego) my presumption anyway , of course he will still be involved quite heavily but just not the first name, cash wont get replaced probably, mcginn was replaced but seemed to find his way back in so that only leaves buendia, watkins and bailey so not a difficult task, and as i said SHOULD not will be replaced

Not sure how I feel about a new LB, especially one who’s 29. Would much rather we were after someone in between 19-23 who could push Digne but also not jeopardise Chrisene (if the clubs plan is for him to be a full back). 

I would have thought one of Balde, Truffert, Gutierrez, Merlin and Merkez would have been a better fit personally. 

I trust the process though