January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

This is not a good sign actually, if Atletico get €50m for Cunha, and are still intending to sell Joao Felix for €80m, then they would have plenty of cash available to bid for Martinez if Oblak leaves.

Let them. If they are stupid enough to reveal their outgoing figures we can demand more

• Like 1

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

This is not a good sign actually, if Atletico get €50m for Cunha, and are still intending to sell Joao Felix for €80m, then they would have plenty of cash available to bid for Martinez if Oblak leaves.

Not sure why people want to sell one of our best players to put money in a couple of billionaires pockets, that might decide to reinvest the money or might not

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, pete101 said:

Not sure why people want to sell one of our best players to put money in a couple of billionaires pockets, that might decide to reinvest the money or might not

Not sure you've read that correctly, never said anywhere I wanted him to be sold.

4 minutes ago, pete101 said:

Well judging from the owners history it will be reinvested.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, thabucks said:

The way we do our business - clandestine,  we will no doubt ever know if we went for Jhon Duran say if we never signed him… It’s all too easy to criticise & moan why we didn’t sign player XYZ afterwards based on nothing but personal opinion.

We are a closed book ruled by NDA’s s when it comes to transfers, so you can never know who we move bid for until the last minute/done. 

I feel, I know what we need.....just not sure WHO can deliver it, in terms of what players.

I'll leave it to the experts.

4 hours ago, pete101 said:

Blimey, Thats one way of describing our owners....if thats who you refer to?

Not for me though, I would choose a more respectful line.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

How goods this chukwueze from villareal? Reading up on him he seems like a similar player to bailey but has had injury issues

We have to be really careful, that we don't sign players, no better than what we already have.....its easy to do now.

They are ALL better, when they don't play for us....when they get here, it's sometimes a rude awakening....How often has that happened, over the years?

Edited by TRO

6 hours ago, duke313 said:

They can bid what they like. We won't be selling him and Martinez won't be pushing for a move. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

They can bid what they like. We won't be selling him and Martinez won't be pushing for a move. 

I bet he (his agent) will be pushing for a move or an improved contract. We’ll learn of one of those things over the next few weeks I think. 

9 hours ago, romavillan said:

Mings and Konsa are deffo worth more now than what we paid too.

Yeah, I agree on Konsa. Mings I think it'd be more but not double or anything.

Either way, counting Emi B as "about the same" and Ings / Digne as a loss, that's 7/8 profitable transfers from the 10 players who started our last game (excluding youth).

Not exactly a bad record.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

He will definitely be pushing for an improved contract. 

I think we all would.....His Value has rocketed, so the Owners have a more valuable Asset.

happy days, all round.

35 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Because he said so - directly and via Cutler. Unlike some, he says what he feels so am pretty sure it's genuine. 

He said so? Yeah, a year and half ago.

You’ve no idea what may or may not have changed since Sunday, or what could change between now and the reminder of the season.