January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

4 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

Suddenly we seem stacked in central midfield, I think we only really need a class winger as a priority in January.  If the right striker is avaliable then great but it's rare to find them in the summer let alone winter.

Do we?? We are an injury away from McGinn and we don’t even know if Sanson can play football. 

Edited by Spoony

Just now, useless said:

Guardian journalist that's got the dope on Villa says we're keeping tabs on Sarr and will be definitely watching him at the World Cup.

I will be watching him too on the BBC or ITV. 

2 minutes ago, messi11 said:

I'm not sold on him, For a free transfer than yeah worth it.

Our squad is stacked. Not sure any transfer is worth it unless they’re coming in to start for us. Otherwise it’s just another player we can’t fit in the matchday squad. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Our squad is stacked. Not sure any transfer is worth it unless they’re coming in to start for us. Otherwise it’s just another player we can’t fit in the matchday squad. 

totally agree

It was I that mentioned Jackson first

I did so because I saw he could play across the front three and also as an attackming midfielder, watching highlights of him he reminded me a little of Chukwuemeka, so thought maybe he could be a replacement for him in our squad, but if we wanted a new forward to come in as first choice we'd probably go for someone a lot more proven.

3 minutes ago, messi11 said:

If we can only sign one out of Pino, Jackson or Chukwuzeze who are you taking?

image.png

image.png

image.png

Pino but I think he's a CL player so chukweze is maybe more realistic and he'd still be £50m (?)

Pino I could see pushing £70m depending on what his release clause is and he'd be worth it but I don't see us doing it

9 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

This right here!  You move up the table by improving your starting 11 and pushing your current starters to the bench.  Not just adding bench players.  This summer felt like apart from Carlos & Kamara, we just signed bench players.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Pino but I think he's a CL player so chukweze is maybe more realistic and he'd still be £50m (?)

Pino I could see pushing £70m depending on what his release clause is and he'd be worth it but I don't see us doing it

12 league games 608 mins for 1 goal and 0 assists this season. Sounds like bargain for £70m

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

12 league games 608 mins for 1 goal and 0 assists this season. Sounds like bargain for £70m

Yeh, I doubt we’ll be dropping £50-70m on anyone anytime soon!

Emery will know if any of the Villarreal players are up to the task in the PL but he’ll also have a very good knowledge of all the players in La Liga. There may be a player he admires that is now attainable but wasn’t at Villarreal, especially with the backing he’s going to get here. 

Im looking forward to the next couple of windows. Unfortunately it’s going to be about who we can shift as much as who we can bring in. We need to offload a LOT of players. 

3 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

20 year old Spanish International with arsenal, cheslea, man City, barca, Milan and Real Madrid sniffing around him

He's their best prospect with a big market there for him, they can ask for a lot of money and someone like Chelsea will pay it

I personally don't think we will or should be signing anyone, we need to get the best out of what we have that has been underperforming first. 

Gun to head though I think the most glaring area for improvement is left wing, based on one game and how the approach to play may now be. 

Funny, I think Emery would have got alot out of El Ghazi you know....

• Like 1