Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2022/23

Rds1983

Just now, bickster said:

Darwin came off injured didn't he? He's certainly yellow flagged for a shoulder injury

My Salah choice isn't just for this week, he looks to be in much better and more consistent form than KDB. It's a premium for premium swap. I would have done it this week regardless of the DGW

I just mean it's not wise bringing him in before a CL game. I've no problem going KDB to Salah after tomorrow.

Yeah Darwin is yellow for shoulder. I'd be waiting until Friday anyway, but it's not a move I'll probably be doing anyway,

13 minutes ago, BOF said:

I just mean it's not wise bringing him in before a CL game.

Yep, like I said, not something I like doing but right now I have no spare cash and price changes by the end of the week may mean I can't do the move I want. A gamble I was prepared to make this week

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

i think WC27, FH28, BB29 is still my preference

It hasn't changed my plan. I'm still looking at navigating 28 with FTs, then FH29, WC33, BB34.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, BOF said:

It hasn't changed my plan. I'm still looking at navigating 28 with FTs, then FH29, WC33, BB34.

This is what I'm trying to do for sure. I think having the FH for 29 will be a huge asset as most people will have used theirs by then.

36 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

This is what I'm trying to do for sure. I think having the FH for 29 will be a huge asset as most people will have used theirs by then.

my view is that my WC in 27 will very much have GW 29 in mind

but the advantage of doing your strategy is that you get to attack 34 whereas i have to use transfers

i just have too many fires to fight to navigate 28 with transfers. as it is whilst i do have 11 players for this week after my 2 FTs i still have cucurella and akanji so likely i will only have 9

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

KDB to Salah is done.

I've got another FT as I rolled last week but might take a hit as well.

TAA in for Shaw and Darwin in for Kane to fund it is on the cards

This was my plan but with Mitro out instead of Kane.

Utd getting a DGW has put me off taking Shaw out though, have .3m extra value locked up in him. Same story with Trippier but .4m, would be happy to get rid of either right now but I'd want them back.

Not sure if it's just Google Chrome but the new layout in FPL with the xG/xA stats they have put is in horrendous, I can't even scroll across to the players prices.

They should have just added an "Advanced stats" tab if they wanted to put it in.

Edited by AndyM3000
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

This was my plan but with Mitro out instead of Kane.

Utd getting a DGW has put me off taking Shaw out though, have .3m extra value locked up in him. Same story with Trippier but .4m, would be happy to get rid of either right now but I'd want them back.

To get TAA I need to sell Shaw or Trippier. Trippier's stats are still in a league of their own and he plays in 28 so I'd rather keep him

9 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

I don't get the desire to have Liverpool players. Yes they have a double but they look absolutely awful and I'd expect some rotation due to the Champs League. 

They've looked better in recent weeks and it's just attacking the doubles. That's where the big ceilings are. With wildcards and free hits coming soon it's relatively low risk as you won't have to hang on to them for long.

23 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

They've looked better in recent weeks and it's just attacking the doubles. That's where the big ceilings are. With wildcards and free hits coming soon it's relatively low risk as you won't have to hang on to them for long.

They're still not looking good though and I'm not convinced they'll do well over the double as Wolves have improved (and already beaten them recently). They were awful against Real. 

Good luck to anyone who does go for them though. 

16 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

They're still not looking good though and I'm not convinced they'll do well over the double as Wolves have improved (and already beaten them recently). They were awful against Real. 

Good luck to anyone who does go for them though. 

They still scored two goals against Madrid and with players like Salah, Darwin and Trent you're not relying on clean sheets.

It's not a sure thing by any stretch of the imagination but it's worth a punt when they've got a decent DGW.

Especially as, in my case, I'm swapping out KDB and Kane who are not worth their cost at the moment at all

49 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

They still scored two goals against Madrid and with players like Salah, Darwin and Trent you're not relying on clean sheets.

It's not a sure thing by any stretch of the imagination but it's worth a punt when they've got a decent DGW.

Especially as, in my case, I'm swapping out KDB and Kane who are not worth their cost at the moment at all

Good luck with it.

I already had Darwin and was planning to dump him until the DGW was announced. 

I've not looked for a week or two but Salah's stats hadn't looked great (for his price) last I looked.

Taa could be good (especially if they fluke a CS) as feel he should play both games.

5 hours ago, AndyM3000 said:

Not sure if it's just Google Chrome but the new layout in FPL with the xG/xA stats they have put is in horrendous, I can't even scroll across to the players prices.

They should have just added an "Advanced stats" tab if they wanted to put it in.

I may be wrong but I think you might be using the wrong scroll bar. There's a window within a window in those stats and both have their own scroll bar. The same thing happened me in Firefox.

• Like 1