Tony Carss

Villaphan04

6 minutes ago, astondalston said:

I used to live in a flat in Edinburgh and the name plate on the door was T.Carse. 

One of my mates came over, saw the sign and said T.Carse, aye?  T.Carse and Mahogany Knob....

Cool story bro, needs more Dragons.

I see the club are advertising for a 'U23 Professional Development Phase Coach', which I think is basically means Carss assistant...

'We are looking for an experienced and dynamic individual who will be responsible for the design and delivery of the U23 Professional Development Phase programme and the selection and management of the team in respect of all league, cup and friendly fixtures. This role will also have a specific focus and accountability around Units.

On a daily basis, you will liaise with the Multi-Disciplinary Team (MDT) including the Academy Manager, Head of Coach Development, Head of Technical Player Development and the U23 Professional Development Phase coaching staff on player progression and management of both training and game opportunities. These posts will lead on the delivery of the technical and tactical development programme for the U23 squad in line with the Academy playing and Position Specific Philosophy and provide feedback to players both formally through the Performance Management Application (PMA), individual meetings, 6-week reviews and where appropriate parents and intermediaries.'

AVFC

2 minutes ago, useless said:

I see the club are advertising for a 'U23 Professional Development Phase Coach', which I think is basically means Carss assistant...

'We are looking for an experienced and dynamic individual who will be responsible for the design and delivery of the U23 Professional Development Phase programme and the selection and management of the team in respect of all league, cup and friendly fixtures. This role will also have a specific focus and accountability around Units.

On a daily basis, you will liaise with the Multi-Disciplinary Team (MDT) including the Academy Manager, Head of Coach Development, Head of Technical Player Development and the U23 Professional Development Phase coaching staff on player progression and management of both training and game opportunities. These posts will lead on the delivery of the technical and tactical development programme for the U23 squad in line with the Academy playing and Position Specific Philosophy and provide feedback to players both formally through the Performance Management Application (PMA), individual meetings, 6-week reviews and where appropriate parents and intermediaries.'

AVFC

They are looking for somebody with drive, to steer the U23 programme 😂

7 minutes ago, nick76 said:

They are looking for somebody with drive, to steer the U23 programme 😂

I think they are actually trying the accelerate the progression of players from the academy into the first team squad.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, useless said:

AVFC

I'm confused, if this person will design and deliver the training programme, pick the teams and manage the U23's, is Carss role more like a Director of football?

I thought Carss was going to manage the U23's?

Also, why are we still calling it U23's?

• Thanks 1

I'm not sure all the titles are confusing, I did think it almost read like they were advertising for another manager, I think the role description for Carrs job was very similar, so maybe it's almost like a joint thing, Delaney and Boateng seemed almost like joint managers, and same with Bramley and Verity for the U18s.

After the Carrs apppointment to the U21s and Nash and Atay appointments to the U18s Harrison said that we will have three outfield coaches at both Under-23 and Under-18 level, the U18s will be Nash, Atay, and Karl Hooper, the three for the U21s will presumably be Carrs, new appointment, and possibly Boateng.

• 5 months later...
Â