Rubbish claims to fame

GarethRDR

I was on a treatment table next to George Berry. and... I said right-wig he said, "All wingers are a bit poofy".

It's the hair that made you say that, freudian slip, etc. Undertsandable

george-berry.jpg

Andy Townsend bought me a beer (after accidentally knocking mine over) in what was "Rosie's" up Sutton once. He was in there with Steve Staunton and someone who I assume was Stan's brother as he was nearly identical to him . I've had a chat with Paul Merson in there on more than one occasion and I've played a game of pool against Nobby Solano in The Cup , also in Sutton.

When I was 8 I told Ron Saunders that I wanted to play for Villa. He told me to come back and see him when I was 12. Although clearly meant as a brush-off to a kid I counted down the days. 6 months or so before my 12th birthday he resigned. I've been gutted ever since.

Russell Crowe called me "A gorgeous English Rose" at the counter of a cafe.

Sadly my response was to laugh in his face.

At least he didn't ask to see your Tulips.

A few years ago I was on a tiny plane that was having its departure delayed by Shaoib Akhtar. As he got on my mother-in-law was waving to him and telling him off for delaying us. He said, "Sorry aunty".

Dermot Gallagher once told me that he was a Villa fan. One of his linesmen was chatting to me and said that Rob Halsey (who was also there) was a clearing in the woods.

A clearing in the woods? Good God no he said he was a t w a ...you get the rest.

Andy Townsend bought me a beer (after accidentally knocking mine over) in what was "Rosie's" up Sutton once. He was in there with Steve Staunton and someone who I assume was Stan's brother as he was nearly identical to him . I've had a chat with Paul Merson in there on more than one occasion and I've played a game of pool against Nobby Solano in The Cup , also in Sutton.
Des Bremner bought me a pint. I bought John Peel a pint (different occasions).

I pretty sure both of these are already in the thread, way, way back, but whatever.

I bought John Peel a pint (different occasions).

John Peel played one of my old tunes on his show once. Although to be fair to John, he did play alot of shite along with the gems.

Des Bremner bought me a pint. I bought John Peel a pint (different occasions).

I pretty sure both of these are already in the thread, way, way back, but whatever.

I once trained withg Des Bremner (football training).

So there I was standing at a bar with my mate and Kevin Pieterson. My mate turns to Kevin Pieterson and says in his Norf Landen 'I'm a geeza gawd lav a dack' type accent, " I don't know anyfin' abaht cricket mate, I just like football and vagina". KP was texting at the time and said, "That's what I'm trying to sort out now". Maybe he meant a game of football.

I had my photo taken with Lenny Henry (TIZWAS days) when he came to Great Barr to open The bradford & Bingley Building Society. Even made the Express & Star, but they spelt my surname wrong :(

I met Uri Geller once. I was designing a paranormal magazine called Encounters and he turned up for a meeting to discuss endorsing the mag. Which then became Uri Geller's Encounters, resulting in everyone who'd worked on the mag being kicked off in favour of the company favourites.

Oh and Cathy Cook came to my school to present some awards. Amazed she dared to come to Chelmsley, let alone Simon Digby!

Â