Rubbish claims to fame

GarethRDR

My boss used to be the drummer for 'The Farm'.

Roy Boulter?

Indeed. Do you know him?

Not really, met him a few times back in the day but that was all ages ago. Thought he'd gone into writing for Hollyoaks etc?

My boss used to be the drummer for 'The Farm'.

Roy Boulter?

Indeed. Do you know him?

Not really, met him a few times back in the day but that was all ages ago. Thought he'd gone into writing for Hollyoaks etc?

Small world. He did go into writing for TV for a while. He runs Hurricane Films now though with Sol. Quite a good little company and a good bunch of people in there. Hurricane Films has been involved in the making of 'Of Time and the City' and 'Under the Mud'. Check them out if you haven't seen them as they are both good. :D

Stood in the reception of a hotel in Japan a couple of years ago and there was a crowd of scruffy lookin feckers waiting behind me. Only when I'd finished speaking to the receptionist and turned to go to my room did I recognise one of them. It was Chester Bennington lead singer with Linkin Park. Seems they were staying on the floor above me.

I was once on holiday and met a girl who was the niece of Razor Ruddock. I got taught at college by the drummer and bassist of Pop Will Eat Itself. I have played at the Carling Academy 2 (Before it moved to 02)

This thread's been going so long, this is probably a Bin Dunne, but.... when our kids were little our babysitter was a girl who is now married to the guitarist from The Kaiser Chiefs.

My college lecturer produced albums for Status Quo, The Moody Blues and Nightwish.

My girlfriend's cousin is the co-chairman of Universal Studios.

I've built lego spaceships with Kasper Schmeichel (whilst trying to tell him Neville Southall was a better keeper than his Dad).

I'm distantly related to Edward G. Robinson.

My Dad nearly started World War III.

My college lecturer produced albums for Status Quo, The Moody Blues and Nightwish.
Pip Williams?

Yup. Really nice chap too. Was at Reading College of Arts & Design as he was one of the few producers in the country that knew how to work Gus Dudgeon's old mixing desk that had been donated to the College. We all got massively **** off when Thames Valley University took over the College and immediately pinched all the best tutors, including Pip.

He was in a RAF Helicopter that accidently landed on Russian soil. Apparently, it took them 30 seconds to realise their mistake and get the **** back up in the air but the entirety of the way back they were shadowed by a Hind and were bricking it.

played in the same team as daniel sturridge, and was also on trial with coventry when he was there as well

Boldmere Falcons?

aston district, also had a game with him when played a trial game for cov, and on the other side also played against him in primary school, when even at the age of 8/9 he would score from the halfway line, and just run from his own half and score whenever he fancied it lol

My Dad nearly started World War III.

Alright then, I'll be the one. :P

How?

played in the same team as daniel sturridge, and was also on trial with coventry when he was there as well
The two posts above were consecutive, and made me wonder for a moment how Gareth's dad playing in the same team as Daniel Sturridge could have nearly started World War III.

:)

Â