Not E3 2022

villa4europe

Just now, Ingram85 said:

I think it’ll be great if you’ve got a ps5 and never played it before or have only played it on ps3. The ps4 remaster is still more than good enough. In my opinion of course 😑

I think the timing is right, I last played it 3 years ago and because imo it is that good I will play it again 

Not sure how many will have played the remaster on ps5 due to psn collection or went back after part 2 but I didn't 

For me personally the last of us is right up there as the best story ever in any game so I will happily play it again 

Maybe the surprise is they haven't announced or tagged on the ps5 version of part 2 because again I would probably pay £100 for the pair and play one after the other - that would then get them out of the shit with the almost inevitable GoW 2023 release too

There's clearly a lot of work being done on Last of Us, and there's talk they've implemented the gameplay of 2 in it, but the benefit of the leap from the Remaster to this is questionable. It looks better, a fair bit better, but it was a good looking game at the time. We're not talking about revolutionary leaps, different game type stuff.

Diminishing returns.

I played the heck out of Last of Us before part two came out, there was one glitchy trophy which led me to playing it through three times consecutively or something silly. I feel as though I can remember the game too well to warrant me going anywhere near a PS5 version come September. 

Just now, Keyblade said:

Struggling to see the point of remastering a game released in the HD era. Ports and remakes obviously make sense.

It isn’t a remaster. It is a remake. That kind of looks like a remaster but is a remake. Hence why it’s so pointless. A remake that looks a remaster. IMO. 

• Like 1

Have you played both games @Ingram85?

Surely you acknowledge that there is a big difference in gameplay as well as the visuals between 1 and 2?

Putting part 1 in to part 2s engine is far more than simply making it look better 

I feel like you're judging it incredibly harshly based on the trailer merely emphasising the graphical updates (which were all from cutscenes weren't they? No actual gameplay was shown) rather than listening to what the ND guy had to say and realising the potential for overall upgrades they could incorporate 

Like I said before they could add dogs, include the increased mobility, the new enemy types, change the weapons and customisation options and then most importantly will they increase the scale of the game when it opens up in to the arena type areas, let you in more houses, more detailing, literally make it bigger 

None of that was shown but if they say its a remake then why shoot it down based on a 2 minute video? 

47 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Have you played both games @Ingram85?

Surely you acknowledge that there is a big difference in gameplay as well as the visuals between 1 and 2?

Putting part 1 in to part 2s engine is far more than simply making it look better 

I feel like you're judging it incredibly harshly based on the trailer merely emphasising the graphical updates (which were all from cutscenes weren't they? No actual gameplay was shown) rather than listening to what the ND guy had to say and realising the potential for overall upgrades they could incorporate 

Like I said before they could add dogs, include the increased mobility, the new enemy types, change the weapons and customisation options and then most importantly will they increase the scale of the game when it opens up in to the arena type areas, let you in more houses, more detailing, literally make it bigger 

None of that was shown but if they say its a remake then why shoot it down based on a 2 minute video? 

I guess maybe I am but it all just feels so pointless? Does it really need this remake? The first game is still essential as it is right now. It still holds up perfectly. Untinkered with. Old graphics. It’s a 10/10 game. Even for a remastered ps3 game it still looks absolutely terrific on ps4. It all seems so unnecessary and my posts certainly didn’t deserve to be called bullshit when I’m merely expressing my opinion on it. 

Edited by Ingram85

Dont get me wrong it's not top of my list and I'd survive if it didn't exist but at the same time I do think the gameplay of part 1 is definitely its weakest element and probably what stops it from being generally considered a flawless game so they're righting a wrong of sorts 

Or it's just an easy win which no doubt Sony are very happy with, maybe serves as a gap filler for ND too as they might not have anything else until 2024 or later if they can't even tease it

Either way I will definitley play it and love it

On the other hand the multiplayer game... Thats near the bottom of my list, I'll have no interest in that 

9 hours ago, Tom13 said:

So if E3 is cancelled, what's the event called?

There isn't an event, there's a series of events hosted by different people and companies and as far as I know it's all online, most of them tied under the banner of summer games fest but not all

Some gaming websites took to calling it "not e3" hence the thread title 

I don't know where e3 goes from here, it was on its ass anyway with the various directs and state of plays etc and then already diluted by random announcements, game awards trailers 

• Thanks 1

I thought that was OK, plenty of games, plenty of game pass, just not sure how many of them I'll actually bother playing... 

I'll give Redfall a go seeing as I loved deathloop, starfield too even though I'm not sure it's my type of game, after that maybe the team ninja game depending on where they pitch the difficulty but that was about it

Still think they're missing that AAA story driven single player game that means I own a ps5 and not a series x, there didn't seem anything up there with horizon or GoW for example 

48 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Microsoft with a bit of a wet fart of a show. 

Only thing that looked any good was Starfield. That looks so good. And massive. Ridiculously massive. Can see why ES6 is taking so long now :)

I thought the MS show was okay. I quite liked the format of only showing gameplay for what will be released in the next 12 months. I have no interest in seeing CGI trailers for games that are 3 years away. As far as the games that were on offer, not a whole lot for me but I thought Diablo and Starfield looked interesting. No excuse to not try them all though considering they are all on Game Pass. 

I hope they keep this format of only showing what games are coming in the next 12 months. Essentially a Game Pass show. 

Edited by PieFacE

The kojima thing was the only real holy shit moment and that game is years away

Surely everyone who is that invested in xbox that they take the time to watch that show already has their head around what game pass is so they don't need to hammer it home or make it the main focus anymore 

And then they also focused on the next 12 months and trying to show gameplay so there wasn't anything that new and exclusive as part of the presentation 

Its tough, I'm not sure what they can do better, they never seem to get an absolute banger of a presentation and even when they mix it up the formula is still slightly off

On game pass I'd have actually liked a 2 minute montage of everything that's coming, old and new, including some older multiplat games that are coming say mid August, they haven't for example said anything about far cry 6 or the AC seriee coming as part of ubisoft+, that would actually generate some buzz for me, like when are deathloop and ghsotwire Tokyo coming? It's almost a bit of a disservice they did to themselves, there's a lot more games coming soon that they didn't show seemingly because they already exist elsewhere 

Also no halo road map and I thought hellblade was closer than that 

It was a bit safe and meh for me personally. New Forza looks promising. Starfield looking good. That’s about it for me. No Goldeneye HD was disappointing but fingers crossed it makes it into the Nintendo direct in a few weeks time. 

15 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

It was a bit safe and meh for me personally. New Forza looks promising. Starfield looking good. That’s about it for me. No Goldeneye HD was disappointing but fingers crossed it makes it into the Nintendo direct in a few weeks time. 

Will it be on switch seeing as MS own Rare? 

That's the kind of thing where they way they did it, next 12 months, game pass etc didn't give them that real knockout punch moment 

Â