Not E3 2022

villa4europe

4 hours ago, villa4europe said:

On game pass I'd have actually liked a 2 minute montage of everything that's coming, old and new, including some older multiplat games that are coming say mid August, they haven't for example said anything about far cry 6 or the AC seriee coming as part of ubisoft+, that would actually generate some buzz for me, like when are deathloop and ghsotwire Tokyo coming?

I suspect they can't talk about a lot of these things for legal reasons. Sony have marketing rights for Deathloop and Ghostwire and until that expires, Xbox won't mention their names for example. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Will it be on switch seeing as MS own Rare? 

That's the kind of thing where they way they did it, next 12 months, game pass etc didn't give them that real knockout punch moment 

The big problem with GoldenEye was always that it has a tangled mess of rights. Rare made it and own the code in essence, and they are now a Microsoft company, but Nintendo were the publishers so will maintain an interest in that code (essentially, they paid for it originally), and then because it's a licensed property (with a licensee that's famously protective of it's IP). So you've got 4 parties that need to agree a deal and one of those, Nintendo, has next to no reason to agree to it.

It's obvious that something has been agreed though, it's had achievements put into the Microsoft ecosystem, but for whatever reason it's not been announced. The best bet now is that Nintendo has insisted they get a version of whatever the thing is and they get the announcement.

Otherwise **** knows what the story is. We know there's a finished game, it's been sat in Rare's servers for a decade, footage got out years ago and last year the entire thing leaked, it seems work has been done at Microsoft to prepare for it coming out, but nothing has been announced.

Â