Not E3 2022

villa4europe

Saw some of the leaks coming through and thought id start a thread for what's coming this month, there is no E3 in any format this year (feel free to discuss if its dead or not)

- Sonic central livestream 7th June 5pm

- CoD modern warfare reveal 8th June 6pm

- Summer Games Fest 9th June 6pm

- Upload VR showcase 9th June 4pm

- Tribeca games spotlight 10th June

- Xbox and bethesda summer games showcase 12th June 6pm

- PC gaming show 12th June 

- Capcom games showcase 13th June 11pm

- Xbox games showcase extended 14th June 6pm

The Sony state of play has already happened, NIntendo havent said anything about a direct

I'll watch them on youtube, usually gamespot or IGN channels are easy enough, the main show the Summer Games Fest was actually pretty good last year 

Just seen the trailer. It’s a remaster not a remake. While clearly it looks good and wipes the floor with the ps3 version, the ps4 version does the job completely.

This ps5 version looks no different to me outside of the resolution. ND having the cheek to call it a remake is ridiculous and you’d be a fool to pay £69.99 for it. I’ll stick to the ps4 version.  

I enjoyed that showcase, but I wasn't expecting massive megaton announcements. I watch for the upcoming video games and it delivered upcoming video games.

Fort Solis looked like a fantastic atmospheric thriller with a great voice cast. The Callisto Protocol is Dead Space 4 in everything but name, it looks fantastic. Routine is 10-years in the making, another great looking horror game.  

I understand that this year was lacking in huge surprises, but the industry is also playing catch up due to Covid delays both internally and externally. I enjoyed it for what it was. 

2 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

Just seen the trailer. It’s a remaster not a remake. While clearly it looks good and wipes the floor with the ps3 version, the ps4 version does the job completely.

This ps5 version looks no different to me outside of the resolution. ND having the cheek to call it a remake is ridiculous and you’d be a fool to pay £69.99 for it. I’ll stick to the ps4 version.  

Not seen the trailer but ND are referring to it as a remake.

4 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Watch the trailer. 

We all have and it is a remake. It's a 1:1 remake of the original built from the ground up in the new engine created for Last of Us 2. 

I know you're not impressed with the visual upgrade, but that doesn't mean you can make up bullshit about it being a remaster when it's not a remaster. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Watch the trailer. 

Even this potato quality image looks significantly better than the remaster. 

AB72E796-AD5A-4496-BEE8-7E234BA42FC4.thumb.jpeg.bd6e1890f55745ea0110c58bf41179e0.jpeg

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Daweii said:

We all have and it is a remake. It's a 1:1 remake of the original built from the ground up in the new engine created for Last of Us 2. 

I know you're not impressed with the visual upgrade, but that doesn't mean you can make up bullshit about it being a remaster when it's not a remaster. 

I was just stating my opinion that it looked like a remaster to me not a remake so calm down ffs. Needless. 

I thought it was alright, prefer sonys shows where they just bombard you with games rather than talking but it was still a lot of games

Some interesting stuff that I won't play... Callisto I'll wait for reviews, I'm tempted by CoD surprisingly and I'll be all over the last of us, love that game

There seemed a fair bit coming this year which is obviously good

And I didn't realise dead space was so influential 

1 minute ago, Ingram85 said:

I was just stating my opinion that it looked like a remaster to me not a remake so calm down ffs. Needless. 

I know the ND guy tried to make it sound even more than that but at worst it looks like part 1 in part 2s engine and part 2 had far better gameplay all round whereas the original the quality of the gameplay didn't keep up with the story, it'll be interesting to see if things like the dogs are in it 

Also looked like the DLC will fit in to it

Just now, Ingram85 said:

I am calm. I'm just not going to let you call something a remaster just because it's "your opinion". You can be unimpressed by something without calling it something it is not. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

I know the ND guy tried to make it sound even more than that but at worst it looks like part 1 in part 2s engine and part 2 had far better gameplay all round whereas the original the quality of the gameplay didn't keep up with the story, it'll be interesting to see if things like the dogs are in it 

Also looked like the DLC will fit in to it

I think it’ll be great if you’ve got a ps5 and never played it before or have only played it on ps3. The ps4 remaster is still more than good enough. In my opinion of course 😑

Just now, Daweii said:

I am calm. I'm just not going to let you call something a remaster just because it's "your opinion". You can be unimpressed by something without calling it something it is not. 

Such a bizarre thing to go off at someone over. In my opinion it ‘looks’ like a remaster. Meaning it may be a remake but it looks **** all like one in my opinion. 

Â