Nottingham Forest

Demitri_C

44.5 million for Gibbs-White is insane. I agree that he could turn into a good player but that price is crazy, great deal for Wolves though. Surely only a top ten finish will be good enough for Forest this season? I do think there biggest plus is Cooper in charge. But their owner Evangelos Marinakis gives me an iffy feeling. 😁

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Funny how little scrutiny they are getting but when we spent to rebuild it was a negative. 

It's not really.  We came up and spent a load of money right on the back of Fulham coming up and spending a load of money, only to get relegated.  The direct comparison was there.

6 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

44.5 million for Gibbs-White is insane. I agree that he could turn into a good player but that price is crazy, great deal for Wolves though. Surely only a top ten finish will be good enough for Forest this season? I do think there biggest plus is Cooper in charge. But their owner Evangelos Marinakis gives me an iffy feeling. 😁

Jlingz better not party too much on his yacht 

• Awoniyi ----------£17m
  • Biancone --------£5m
  • Niakhate --------£12m
  • Richards --------£9m
  • Williams --------£17m
  • Mangala -------£12.7m
  • Dennis -----------£20m
  • Gibbs-White---£40m

With a couple of cheaper players too - they're now up to around £135m in this window - with talk of Maupay incoming for another £15m.

It's a hell of a spend.

8 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

It's £25m plus add-ons - which is almost guaranteed to be "if we stay up"

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

I can think of about a thousand ways Forest could better spend £45m and increase their chances of survival.

I think the owner probably tried match fixing first 😉

• Haha 1

Wolves have rightly held out because they didn't want to sell, until the money became too good to turn down, especially considering the FFP boost they get.

Why Forest are bidding so much for somebody so unproven is the most baffling part for me.

If they don't stay up, I would imagine they may regret it.

If they stay up then you'd have to say it's justified.

Is he good enough to make that much difference?

I have my doubts, it's a hell of a risk.

1 minute ago, Teale's 'tache said:

Wolves have rightly held out because they didn't want to sell, until the money became too good to turn down, especially considering the FFP boost they get.

Why Forest are bidding so much for somebody so unproven is the most baffling part for me.

If they don't stay up, I would imagine they may regret it.

If they stay up then you'd have to say it's justified.

Is he good enough to make that much difference?

I have my doubts, it's a hell of a risk.

There’s a fine line between coming up from the Championship and thriving like Bowen or finding your level there. It’s a big time risk. Especially with so much of it tied to add-ons. I can’t see Wolves selling unless the clauses are performance related or that they stay in the league. 

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

There’s a fine line between coming up from the Championship and thriving like Bowen or finding your level there. It’s a big time risk. Especially with so much of it tied to add-ons. I can’t see Wolves selling unless the clauses are performance related or that they stay in the league. 

Gibbs-White has about 50 Premier League games behind him, FWIW.

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

Forest are now pretty much in a position where they have to stay up.

The club generates about £22m a season in the Championship.

Lingard will take £8m of that on his own.

Lingard is on a one-year deal.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Gibbs-White has about 50 Premier League games behind him, FWIW.

48 PL Appearances, 36 as a substitute, for 1 goal and 1 assist in 1368 minutes played (15.2 games).

It's more than I expected, but it would be quite a stretch to say he's proven at this level.

That said Chelsea paid £20m for Chukwuemeka who only has 312 minutes of PL experience.

It's all a bit mental really.

Â