The rising cost of living

StefanAVFC

FiIlled up in Wolverhampton Sainsburys today Diesel £1.51 a litre, cheapest I've seen fuel anywhere, really makes a difference if you do alot of miles.

I was looking back when fuel was at it's peak £2 a litre, I commuted to Manchester every weekday for close to the whole month, around 200 miles a day. It cost me £190 more for that month in Diesel, an that's at around 40/45 mpg, shocking. No wonder my director thought I was on the fiddle.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Genie said:

You can only fix it when it’s due, people might have fixed 5 years ago (also rock bottom) but now needing to get the best deal they can. 

you can also pay the early repayment charge and exit your fix when ever you want. A lot of people were doing this about 9 months ago when interest rates started to rise and offers were being pulled by lenders. 

A lot of banks will wave the ERC if you are moving to another fix with them. Its all about weighing up what you are paying, what you are likely to move to and a finger in the air for what the markets and banks might do between now and then.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

Isn't his a variation of the standard watch?

it sounds like its a standard model but with a bit of personalisation on it (a coat of arms). That wouldn't add £75k to the premium though. Bell& Ross being a French company, probably gave the watch to Macron!

I imagine it could be worth more now due to the fact it has been owned by the French president. 

1 hour ago, Xela said:

it sounds like its a standard model but with a bit of personalisation on it (a coat of arms). That wouldn't add £75k to the premium though. Bell& Ross being a French company, probably gave the watch to Macron!

I imagine it could be worth more now due to the fact it has been owned by the French president. 

Probably makes it worse to be telling people to make sacrifices whilst wearing an expensive watch that was given to him.

31 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Probably makes it worse to be telling people to make sacrifices whilst wearing an expensive watch that was given to him.

Yeah, price of the watch is kinda insignificant, it's that he felt that he needed to take it off under the table that puts him in a poor position.

7 minutes ago, sne said:

Yeah, price of the watch is kinda insignificant, it's that he felt that he needed to take it off under the table that puts him in a poor position.

Maybe he just thought, "This watch is silly, I've got a phone that tells the time"

• Haha 1

Anyone come across, these Go - 24 Hour Service petrol stations? Completely self service but you can use notes as well as card. I used one for the first time today. Diesel £1.48.9 a Litre, thats 20p a litre less than my local cheapest non-supermarket. (or approx 90p a gallon cheaper). 300 meters up the road is a BP - £1.64.9 - madness

4 hours ago, bickster said:

Anyone come across, these Go - 24 Hour Service petrol stations? Completely self service but you can use notes as well as card. I used one for the first time today. Diesel £1.48.9 a Litre, thats 20p a litre less than my local cheapest non-supermarket. (or approx 90p a gallon cheaper). 300 meters up the road is a BP - £1.64.9 - madness

Was petrol cheaper or just the diesel?

Confirmation of the rip-off.

Diesel is being sold for about 17p per litre more on average than petrol, despite wholesale costs falling to similar levels, a motoring group said.

Average diesel prices are £1.64 per litre compared with £1.47 per litre for petrol, while both are priced at about £1.15 wholesale, the RAC said.

It said the difference was "scandalous" and that cuts in the wholesale price had not been passed on to customers.

bbc

• Like 1

They must have lost a hell of alot of money during lockdown, I'm convinced this is a way there are clawing it back from the consumer. 

As I said, average diesel cost is still around £1.65 a litre, including your supermarkets, but look hard enough, an you'll get it for around £1.50. That can be a huge saving if you do the miles, an more proof were being ripped off.

Â