Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

35 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Tielmans a great players, but trying to wrap my head around 

1. Why would Leicester let him go, wouldn't that just be another blow to their current state?

2. Wouldn't he have better options than us?

1. He has 10 months left on his contract
2. It appear not this summer however he will be on a free in January when of course he would have his pick assuming he has an OK season.

For what it is worth I am not overly keen on signing him.

Edited by paul514
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Can we sign a new captain please?

It would be nice but one assumes if we did that it would have to be a player already playing in the league as a CD or CM........

Answers on whom that may be is difficult and VERY expensive, JWP has been mentioned in the past and that is going to cost you 50m for an above average number 8 and no better who is world class at set pieces. 

Maybe that is enough for some people but I would want the promise of a bit more for that sort of money personally.

53 minutes ago, Dillon66 said:

14 goals in 76 apps for Watford, over half of which were in the Championship. Typical Newcastle signing for me.......no thanks.

I'm certainly not wetting my pants over them getting him at that price! No thanks from me.

No idea on what our budget may be but I would be looking for a DCM and either a starting centre back, a loan because I'm not buying a starting centre back or a young centre back with lots of promise as it isn't absolutely vital we buy a starting centre back which is true.

I will caveat that I think the biggest improvement we could make is a new manager and I feel the best opportunity's in the market right now is on wide forwards and DCM's 

12 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

I don’t think we’d find it easy to get a number 8 who’s better than Luiz, nor a winger better than Bailey. I’d say even Archer/Ings. But we need to use them and play to their strengths. 

I could be wrong but I only see Luiz as a double pivot player

3 hours ago, Joshie2000 said:

And JJ the more he plays the more you can see he's not premiership level,  game passes him by

pretty sure Jacob Ramsey would be the best player on either Celtic or Rangers, not sure that's an issue

29 minutes ago, paul514 said:

It would be nice but one assumes if we did that it would have to be a player already playing in the league as a CD or CM........

Answers on whom that may be is difficult and VERY expensive, JWP has been mentioned in the past and that is going to cost you 50m for an above average number 8 and no better who is world class at set pieces. 

Maybe that is enough for some people but I would want the promise of a bit more for that sort of money personally.

Personally, I have zero interest in JWP.

English players are far too often overrated and overpriced too, no thanks.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, paul514 said:

I could be wrong but I only see Luiz as a double pivot player

31 minutes ago, paul514 said:

I think he's the best option if we go to 4-2-3-1, but not sure that Gerrard would do that.  Which then leads the question, if we are after a serious top quality #8, who is dropping out of the team? Has to be Ramsey, no?

Just now, Villaphan04 said:

I think he's the best option if we go to 4-2-3-1, but not sure that Gerrard would do that.  Which then leads the question, if we are after a serious top quality #8, who is dropping out of the team? Has to be Ramsey, no?

Ramsey and McGinn IF you go with a double pivot and sign an 8

I don’t see the point in debating or theorising on a lineup without McGinn in it. He is undroppable, even moreso now that he’s the captain…

We have to accept that, whether we like it or not. It’s not going to change until there is a new manager in charge who has a different view.

So we’re just going to have to put up with him and hope he can improve. It’s a matter of who lines up with him in midfield rather than who replaces him.

Right now, the best we can do is pair Luiz with Kamara and maybe allow McGinn to play to his strengths and be involved more in an attacking sense than a defensive one. It would be nice to see him back to his best and start nicking the ball in dangerous (advantageous) positions for us again… has he got it in him though? Or is he past his best? His game relies so much on energy/stamina/fitness… such a frustrating and inconsistent player…

JJ will have to miss out… unless SG sees him as undroppable too 🤦‍♂️ But the pair of them rotating in that role will keep them fresh… so that would be good… rather than the burnout we’ve so often seen…

Any new signing will be playing alongside McGinn, not in place of him. McGinn and Kamara are nailed on, there is only one available spot and we need a major upgrade if we want to become a better side… it has to be a statement signing, the likes of which would come as a bit of a shock and coup for us…

The only hope of dropping McGinn and changing the captain is a new manager… I don’t care what SG says, it’s clear to see  (actions louder than words) and he talks a bunch of shit anyway…

6 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

I don’t see the point in debating or theorising on a lineup without McGinn in it. He is undroppable, even moreso now that he’s the captain…

We have to accept that, whether we like it or not. It’s not going to change until there is a new manager in charge who has a different view.

So we’re just going to have to put up with him and hope he can improve. It’s a matter of who lines up with him in midfield rather than who replaces him.

Right now, the best we can do is pair Luiz with Kamara and maybe allow McGinn to play to his strengths and be involved more in an attacking sense than a defensive one. It would be nice to see him back to his best and start nicking the ball in dangerous (advantageous) positions for us again… has he got it in him though? Or is he past his best? His game relies so much on energy/stamina/fitness… such a frustrating and inconsistent player…

JJ will have to miss out… unless SG sees him as undroppable too 🤦‍♂️ But the pair of them rotating in that role will keep them fresh… so that would be good… rather than the burnout we’ve so often seen…

Any new signing will be playing alongside McGinn, not in place of him. McGinn and Kamara are nailed on, there is only one available spot and we need a major upgrade if we want to become a better side… it has to be a statement signing, the likes of which would come as a bit of a shock and coup for us…

The only hope of dropping McGinn and changing the captain is a new manager… I don’t care what SG says, it’s clear to see  (actions louder than words) and he talks a bunch of shit anyway…

The rest of us understand that too.

Hence the talk of needing another DCM for the double pivot as one injury and Nakamba is in contention 

5 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Hence the talk of needing another DCM for the double pivot as one injury and Nakamba is in contention 

I keep seeing people put lineups up without McGinn and seeing comments like we should or have to drop him…. Not just here but plenty of times here too… it’s pointless or even hopeless…

Edited by Jas10

6 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Also, SG hasn’t yet played with a double pivot has he? Genuine question.

Nor did he at any point while at Rangers?

It would seem to be the best option for our team but he seems too stubborn to stray from his ways and isn't demonstrating that he is learning any lessons or trying to rectify any mistakes…

A hybrid CM/DM would probably be more apt rather than another out and out DM…

2 hours ago, trillvillan said:

He's only 20 years old. He's extremely talented and can play across a front 3. 

Not seen him play that much, do you rate him higher than Archer for example?

2 minutes ago, WHY said:

Not seen him play that much, do you rate him higher than Archer for example?

Personally I think he is a level above Archer - mind you I am a fan of Archer and think if given more time, he'll be a big time player for us.