Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

An ideal signing if we could get just ONE more, would probably be another Kamara esque ( But more physically imposing? ) player.

Let's say a CM / CDM / CB hybrid who is pretty much an 8 rating in all those positions.

That is Koopmeiners!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Oh.

Sure at one point there was either an article written, or we had a conspiracy theory that we also had " quiet " links to Mendes. Lol

Well guess Nunez is the next " project " and he'll go for 60 - 80 mill in a year or two?

Was a story that we have links to Kia Joorabchain another dodgy agent who works sometimes with Everton

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Nope 

Found something... I knew i wasn't totally fabricating. 🤣. In addition to this, they claimed we were in talks with Mendes for Nuno and other players while Deano was in. OBS doesn't mean it's true though.

It's old news though.

"Aston Villa are reportedly using the services of super agent Jorge Mendes to help with their transfer dealings and some of their fans appear on board with the news. 

Birmingham Live has reported that Mendes is one of a number of agents that new owners Wes Edens and Nassef Sawiris have enlisted the help of as they look to bring in reinforcements now their transfer embargo has been lifted. "

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

i know we have signed 5 players, 2 "new" first team starters, but with Carlos injured, thats now effectively only 1 new player added to the starting 11.

I know Carlos looked good, and so does Kamara, but actually only having 1 new player in our starting 11 after a whole summer is actually not great.

I think we probably needed 3-4 new starting 11 players if we were serious about pushing on, and with some of the signings other teams have made, im not even sure we are "standing still", we might even be going a little backwards, although 14th would be hard to do worse than on balance, so maybe we are roughly at the standing still position (mid table), when you consider what other teams around us are doing.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Found something... I knew i wasn't totally fabricating. 🤣. In addition to this, they claimed we were in talks with Mendes for Nuno and other players while Deano was in. OBS doesn't mean it's true though.

It's old news though.

"Aston Villa are reportedly using the services of super agent Jorge Mendes to help with their transfer dealings and some of their fans appear on board with the news. 

Birmingham Live has reported that Mendes is one of a number of agents that new owners Wes Edens and Nassef Sawiris have enlisted the help of as they look to bring in reinforcements now their transfer embargo has been lifted. "

ah yes he gave us Andre Moreira :D 

• Sad 1

39 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

We have to try and get in ahead of this. Would be a huge blow to see Guimaraes and Nunes to rivals inside two windows. There's a very few players of this level around we can sign.

Can't believe it's under £60m.

I don't really know the player a mix of 17 goals/assists in 101 games though doesn't scream world beater from an 8 though?

3 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

i know we have signed 5 players, 2 "new" first team starters, but with Carlos injured, thats now effectively only 1 new player added to the starting 11.

I know Carlos looked good, and so does Kamara, but actually only having 1 new player in our starting 11 after a whole summer is actually not great.

I think we probably needed 3-4 new starting 11 players if we were serious about pushing on, and with some of the signings other teams have made, im not even sure we are "standing still", we might even be going a little backwards, although 14th would be hard to do worse than on balance, so maybe we are roughly at the standing still position (mid table), when you consider what other teams around us are doing.

We finished 14th though poor management and coaching

1 minute ago, paul514 said:

We finished 14th though poor management and coaching

so where do you expect us to finish this season?, considering we have the same coaching team in place (unless you include Smith in that).

1 minute ago, paul514 said:

I don't really know the player a mix of 17 goals/assists in 101 games though doesn't scream world beater from an 8 though?

I’m not bothered about goals or assists from a number 8. I want a CM that can control a game, dictate how we play, and help bring the best out of our Top 6 quality attacking options.

• Like 1

Just now, jacketspuds said:

I’m not bothered about goals or assists from a number 8. I want a CM that can control a game, dictate how we play, and help bring the best out of our Top 6 quality attacking options.

I can't comment on that as I don't really know him

Just now, jacketspuds said:

yeah, we need Kamara type players in the midfield 3, who can control possession and distribution with composure, allowing our "wing backs" and front 3 to do their thing.

(if thats what you meant).

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

so where do you expect us to finish this season?, considering we have the same coaching team in place (unless you include Smith in that).

I have very little faith in the manager/coaching team so 9th - 15th.....

I am just waiting for the penny to drop with the board and they hire a good manager.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

yeah, we need Kamara type players in the midfield 3, who can control possession and distribution with composure, allowing our "wing backs" and front 3 to do their thing.

(if thats what you meant).

Reality is we need every player to be good in possession and movement so that we can control games. As you mentioned above ( I think) we’re about 3/4 short. 

As for Nunes I'm sure he's a great player, but before this summer he didn't even get a mention on this website, in fact first time he's mentioned is June of this year, which seems a little strange for someone that's meant to be so highly rated.

1 minute ago, useless said:

As for Nunes I'm sure he's a great player, but before this summer he didn't even get a mention on this website, in fact first time he's mentioned is June of this year, which seems a little strange for someone that's meant to be so highly rated.

He must have done something good last season he went from 4.5m to 9m to 19.8m to 27m to 31.5m during the last 12 months on Transfermarkt

5 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Reality is we need every player to be good in possession and movement so that we can control games. As you mentioned above ( I think) we’re about 3/4 short. 

what a dream that would be.

😪

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

what a dream that would be.

😪

Yea stop giving the ball away so easily and be available for the pass doesn't seem too much to ask for from any central midfielder 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Yea stop giving the ball away so easily and be available for the pass doesn't seem too much to ask for from any central midfielder 

It feels like a lot of the panic in our team is caused by our CM's inability to keep the ball.

• Like 2

A manager who can manage and get a tune out of the players we have could keep us moving forward as with Carlos injured as someone mentioned me have 1 new player in first eleven.

Gerrard has shown absolutely nothing to me other than a record of mediocrity he has a player in sanson who could do a great job for us the midfield seriously worries me.

Mcginn

Ramsey

Kamara just isn't strong enough however if Gerrard gave his head a wobble and placed sanson in the midfield the strength of both sanson and kamara would allow Gerrards favourite mcginn to play.

So to recap imo a defender we can get to January without but a midfielder must be a priority someone needs to be brought to play alongside kamara.

Edited by villan501