Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

9 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Marseille are playing Nantes.

Players of note playing:

Saliba - CB on loan from Arsenal

Boubacar Kamara - DM (tonight, but can play CB), the current darling hypothetical signing of VT.

No names I recognize in the Nantes team

Surely we'd only be able to get Saliba on loan?

Just now, HalfTimePost said:

Kondogbia or Kamara? 

If we could convince them both to come but could only bring in one, which would you want in that DM position come September?

Not seen either anywhere near enough tbf.

2 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Milik was mentioned in the tweet replies but he's on the bench

Perhaps but he's only started 12 Ligue Un games this season so far (+7 sub appearances), with 7 League goals. So I'd be surprised if they all made the trip to watch a player who was quite likely not to start or perhaps even play.

Though Marseille I'm sure is beautiful for the bank holiday weekend.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Does the 3 of them normally go watch prospects? You'd think all 3 were there for more than a bit of scouting.

Purslow is the interesting one. Lange and Gerrard make perfect sense. Purslow, ideally, should be nowhere near scouting. He should only be there if they're there to talk money.

Kamara I suppose can sign as he's within his final 6 months of contract. So perhaps they're meeting with him and rolling out the proverbial red carpet

Edited by HalfTimePost
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Must be kamara? 

Hopefully saliba impresses too, think there could be a good deal to be done for him and he'll be better than what arsenal got 

I could see Guendouzi be a player we are interested in

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Milik was mentioned in the tweet replies but he's on the bench

Milik keeps fighting with managers, he is a good player and performs but he might be a dressing room risk

• Like 1

Just now, Zatman said:

I could see Guendouzi be a player we are interested in

Yeah he's probably another that arsenal would cut their losses on and he'd be available at something near sensible 

Him and saliba would come with a reputation after falling out with arsenal but could be a one off

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

Does the 3 of them normally go watch prospects? You'd think all 3 were there for more than a bit of scouting.

Well yes. I would expect the scouts have done the ground work already and I could see why Gerrard might want to go but when Lange and especially Purslow are on the trip I would think it would be to talk numbers/ giving it the big sell. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Bet Sanson is going to give a beautiful account of the club to convince Kamara to join  🤣

Sanson was one of the best pressers in the world (and put up pretty good attacking numbers, too) with Kamara playing behind him, might be worthwhile to combine them again.

We'd probably sell Sanson back to OM at a loss the day after Kamara signed, though.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Kondogbia or Kamara? 

If we could convince them both to come but could only bring in one, which would you want in that DM position come September?

Kondogbia is largely a destroyer, really excellent defensively and physically at a level we don't have, but relatively limited on the ball. Kamara is quite good defensively, but on a different planet in terms of passing and carrying the ball, which are critical for a team attempting to keep possession and play more progressive football. There's a case for each, and a case for both in the same side, especially when/if Dougie leaves.