Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

11 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

He's apparently changing agents at end of season to get him a move to a CL club in major european league. Or Newcastle.

Would've thought he'd have been on Atletico Madrid's radar if they're offloading Suarez and a few others.

I've never understood this, why does he need to " change agents " to secure a move to a Champions League club?

Surely a club either want you, or they don't?

13 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

He's apparently changing agents at end of season to get him a move to a CL club in major european league. Or Newcastle.

Would've thought he'd have been on Atletico Madrid's radar if they're offloading Suarez and a few others.

to Jorge Mendes

1 hour ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

Won't happen, but up top, I'd be asking Torino to name their price for Belotti. 

The price would be zero, his contract is up at end of season. But he’s nailed on for Milan. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

Won't happen, but up top, I'd be asking Torino to name their price for Belotti. 

Edit: beaten to it by mere seconds …

I can name it for you ….

It’s €0.00 … He is out of contract in June … 

Edited by thabucks
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

I wonder if Tolisso is fully finished in terms of his health?

Not sure, he does seem injury prone. Kamara and Ginter would be good acquisitions. Zagadou is young and highly rated from Dortmund, but is injury prone.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, duke313 said:

The free transfers at the end of this season are mental.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/statistik/endendevertraege

Probably one, if not the best summer ever in terms of quality of Bosman’s… ! 

As Gomez’s name won’t go away - Question Gomez for £25-30mill or Dan Axel-Zagadou on a free… Both have had long injury spells. 

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/dan-axel-zagadou/verletzungen/spieler/344598 

Vs 

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/joe-gomez/verletzungen/spieler/256178

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Would love us to get Pau Torres - looks a great player.

Spurs paid his release clause, but he rejected them. His release clause has now been increased. He’s destined for the top, no chance I’m afraid.

• Like 1

I think that we will bring in 2 centre halves   both experienced. And i think the suprise out  might be Mings and Konsa/ Hause . Too many mistakes are made by our centrehalves. When one doesnt the other always will. Its become the norm as much as i like them. Mings will have to go if he isnt going to be Captain. It will hurt his pride too much. 

We will go all out for Phillips  , not get him . Decide to keep our powder dry for the 47th window in a row and then we will get a strong dm out of nowhere that will suprise us all.  Luiz will defo go and maybe Sanson. The DM has been our kryptonite but we will finally get it right even though it will not be our first second or third choice. 

Striker .. i think Watkins will go and possibly Ings to be replaced by our 5th choice after we get rejected time after time. Archer and Davis will impress in pre season and rip up the premier league in the little and large partnership  scoring 60 goals between them by the end of October. The combined population of Nottingham and Preston will look on longingly as they both go to the World Cup after Harry Kane breaks his toe in a golfing incident. 

No idea to be fair but that sounds good to me 

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

The free transfers at the end of this season are mental.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/statistik/endendevertraege

Free transfers will be the future for all top players. Most will let their contracts run down going forward. Makes sense from their point of view,  they will get massive signing on fees. 

Edited by WHY

10 minutes ago, WHY said:

Free transfers will be the future for all top players. Most will let their contracts run down going forward. Makes sense from their point of view,  they will get massive signing on fees. 

Risk getting a massive injury and losing loads of money is the biggest worry for them.  Short careers, need to have no long term injuries, or injuries that have knock on effects, it’s why not all players risk it.  A contract gives you some comfort that you’ll not end with nothing.  Chances are you won’t get an injury like that but if your are unlucky enough to get one, there is no-one to compensate you when you have no contract.

55 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Spurs paid his release clause, but he rejected them. His release clause has now been increased. He’s destined for the top, no chance I’m afraid.

Eh, so are we baby!

Dennis would be such a Smith era signing.

From the look or the whispers around we are going to try and bolster the squad with much needed quality and not projects or future stars. We are too heavily weighed down with lower table players and 'potential'.

2 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

I think that we will bring in 2 centre halves   both experienced. And i think the suprise out  might be Mings and Konsa/ Hause . Too many mistakes are made by our centrehalves. When one doesnt the other always will. Its become the norm as much as i like them. Mings will have to go if he isnt going to be Captain. It will hurt his pride too much. 

We will go all out for Phillips  , not get him . Decide to keep our powder dry for the 47th window in a row and then we will get a strong dm out of nowhere that will suprise us all.  Luiz will defo go and maybe Sanson. The DM has been our kryptonite but we will finally get it right even though it will not be our first second or third choice. 

Striker .. i think Watkins will go and possibly Ings to be replaced by our 5th choice after we get rejected time after time. Archer and Davis will impress in pre season and rip up the premier league in the little and large partnership  scoring 60 goals between them by the end of October. The combined population of Nottingham and Preston will look on longingly as they both go to the World Cup after Harry Kane breaks his toe in a golfing incident. 

No idea to be fair but that sounds good to me 

I think letting Konsa AND Ming's go in one season would be a mistake.

I'd sell Konsa before Mings.

You can't just uproot the whole spine of the team so suddenly. Ming's is more.to the team than just a " player " if you know what I mean.

I'm all for change, but it's got to be calculated and strategic. Or we are just starting all over again IMO.

On the strikers, I'm torn, but in the grand scheme I'd probably be more willing to sell Ings than Ollie ( No doubt he'll then go to a team with which he consistently scores worldies against us ).

You never know, might not just be up to us, some of them might actually WANT to go as well.

• Like 2