Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

28 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I live in the past Zatman, he’s played for England at centre back. He’s still young, for me, it is a no brainer, others will think differently

He got snapped by Ben Mee

Won't be the same player, Liverpool will be letting him go for a reason, he'll be a huge risk, he's sliding to 5th choice there, worst case scenario he could be a £30m 4th choice CB here 

Not sure I'd even be happy with a loan and a clause if I'm honest, think / hope it's a lazy Liverpool link 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

He got snapped by Ben Mee

Won't be the same player, Liverpool will be letting him go for a reason, he'll be a huge risk, he's sliding to 5th choice there, worst case scenario he could be a £30m 4th choice CB here 

Not sure I'd even be happy with a loan and a clause if I'm honest, think / hope it's a lazy Liverpool link 

Any transfer for any player is a gamble, there are no guarantees in football

On 24/02/2022 at 00:00, Zatman said:

He does but Chelsea can do what Real Madrid and Barcelona do and pay him a big "signing on fee" then sell him to nearest bidder

Well that is what I mean, why would he do that when he could get an even bigger fee that from the buying club as it isn't being shared with Chelsea in effect.

9 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Any transfer for any player is a gamble, there are no guarantees in football

This is true but we should at least try to stack the odds in our favour. No matter how good you think Gomez was before he got Ben Mee'd he has looked half the player since.

Just now, paul514 said:

You would have to ask him, he was apparently very keen on joining Newcastle.

He is joining AC Milan they have a connection with Lille if his agents cant convince him to take the Newcastle money 

16 hours ago, paul514 said:

I'd argue Sven Botman for not much more is far less of a Gamble.

Watched him the other night Paul....never did much for me.

I think many players are over rated, by some.

Niklas Sule, would be nice.

I would have a Ron Vlarr, right now....I liked him.

Edited by TRO

16 hours ago, paul514 said:

I'd argue Sven Botman for not much more is far less of a Gamble.

Why do you say this? I don’t know if you are right or wrong, I have only heard of Botman, I haven’t seen him play, so I can’t comment on his ability 

11 hours ago, picicata said:

This is true but we should at least try to stack the odds in our favour. No matter how good you think Gomez was before he got Ben Mee'd he has looked half the player since.

I agree, it was a terrible incident, after suffering such an injury, it is bound to affect a player mentally and physically. Before the incident, Gomez looked like he was going to be a great player 

4 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I agree, it was a terrible incident, after suffering such an injury, it is bound to affect a player mentally and physically. Before the incident, Gomez looked like he was going to be a great player 

Mee seems to have a History of it.

Gomez, not for me.

• Like 2

Just now, TRO said:

Mee seems to have a History of it.

Gomez, not for me.

We’ve got young Josh Feeney coming through, we don’t need a centre back. I’ve seen him a few times for our u23s, we won’t need a centre back with him coming through 

1 minute ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

We’ve got young Josh Feeney coming through, we don’t need a centre back. I’ve seen him a few times for our u23s, we won’t need a centre back with him coming through 

Too young yet....He needs some time to develop.

Even JT was c 20 before he started in the first team....its a position you need to be a good reader, amongst many things.

34 minutes ago, TRO said:

Too young yet....He needs some time to develop.

Even JT was c 20 before he started in the first team....its a position you need to be a good reader, amongst many things.

Terry was 17 when he made his debut for Chelsea, I can see this lad being a better player than Terry. He just has everything, I want to put a bet on him to play for England. On top of that, he seems to have a good temperament too

11 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Terry was 17 when he made his debut for Chelsea, I can see this lad being a better player than Terry. He just has everything, I want to put a bet on him to play for England. On top of that, he seems to have a good temperament too

He seemed to get turned pretty easy against Reading ( their big striker) for their goal...even though we won 4-1.

maybe just one bad incident.

My reseach says his first game as a sub was against us, in a League cup game 28 Oct 1998, so you are rightjust before his 18th Birthday in December..He next played in an FA cup game the next season 1999...I was talking regular League Football..but hey ho.

Edited by TRO

29 minutes ago, TRO said:

He seemed to get turned pretty easy against Reading ( their big striker) for their goal...even though we won 4-1.

My reseach says his first game as a sub was against us, in a League cup game 28 Oct 1998, so you are rightjust before his 18th Birthday in December..He next played in an FA cup game the next season 1999...I was talking regular League Football..but hey ho.

Feeney is young, he will learn, he is going to be a great player but I don’t want to put too much pressure like I have on many before him. He will make mistakes and become a better player for it

38 minutes ago, TRO said:

Feeney is miles away from proper first team football, we’ll need a top class CB in the summer.

Feeney can earn his stripes over the next 2-3 years in the U23’s and going out on loan to see if he has what it really takes.  He seems to have some talent but too early to see if he ever makes it as a PL player.

Edited by nick76
  • Like 1