Jump to content

A little Villa nugget at Galway FC


Enda
 Share

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Galway United seem to play in claret and blue as well :) 

I don't believe for a moment that postcode is a coincidence though, that seems too perfect to be legit.

You know, I love the idea of Villa having a mole inside the Irish Post Office. See him there, waiting for his chance to sneak a few extra lines of C++ in there to memorialize our last league win 🟣🔵

I nearly prefer that to coincidence! Think it’s the latter though.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Enda said:

You know, I love the idea of Villa having a mole inside the Irish Post Office. See him there, waiting for his chance to sneak a few extra lines of C++ in there to memorialize our last league win 🟣🔵

I nearly prefer that to coincidence! Think it’s the latter though.

You know what, I spent a few minutes trying to sleuth through historic postcodes to see if it was true, but what does it matter, it's lovely one way or another.

Kind of fancy seeing if I can get my hands on one of these shirts with AV81 on it

Image

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • VT Supporter
4 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

You know what, I spent a few minutes trying to sleuth through historic postcodes to see if it was true, but what does it matter, it's lovely one way or another.

Kind of fancy seeing if I can get my hands on one of these shirts with AV81 on it

Image

O'Neill's eh?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, YLN said:

The mighty Galway Utd begin their season in a month or so. Last year we got to the semi final of the promotion play-offs but lost to Bray. This season, there's only nine teams in the league because two of them joined forces. Other links to Villa include that the Comer brothers who sponsor the team tried to buy Villa in 2006. 

The ground is actually really nice, and Galway is very cool, so I would recommend a pilgrimage to Eamonn Deacy Park in AV81 if any Villa fans are in that part of the world. It's a summer league as well, so if you're after a bit of football in the off season, I highly recommend it. It's fan owned, and the president of Ireland is a fan.

20180513-Eamonn-Deacy-Park.jpg

 

Here is the president of Ireland who goes to some of the matches. 

mg%20middledy

?width=630&version=1972565

No Supermacs advertising hoarding? I am astounded. Also, Michael D, what a man.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • VT Supporter

I am wondering about the shirt sponsor. Is the Comer Group Ireland anything to do with the Comer brothers who were linked with buying Villa back in the Doug Ellis era pre Lerner? i remember they were something to do with property.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, NeilS said:

I am wondering about the shirt sponsor. Is the Comer Group Ireland anything to do with the Comer brothers who were linked with buying Villa back in the Doug Ellis era pre Lerner? i remember they were something to do with property.

 

9 hours ago, YLN said:

The mighty Galway Utd begin their season in a month or so. Last year we got to the semi final of the promotion play-offs but lost to Bray. This season, there's only nine teams in the league because two of them joined forces. Other links to Villa include that the Comer brothers who sponsor the team tried to buy Villa in 2006. 

Your question has already been answered

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • VT Supporter
4 hours ago, MrBlack said:

 

Your question has already been answered

Haha. Thanks. I don’t know how I missed that. 😄

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

New Galway Utd kit for next season has been released and the people who decide whether kits are nice or not have decided it's nice.

WhatsApp-Image-2022-02-09-at-10.18.36-AM

Home_Kit_DETAILS.jpg

Inspired by Galway's city of tribes. The only criticism I'd have is that it's not claret and blue.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, YLN said:

New Galway Utd kit for next season has been released and the people who decide whether kits are nice or not have decided it's nice.

WhatsApp-Image-2022-02-09-at-10.18.36-AM

Home_Kit_DETAILS.jpg

Inspired by Galway's city of tribes. The only criticism I'd have is that it's not claret and blue.

Green Man & Shamrock? The Americans are going to love this kit.

Edited by sparrow1988
Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

Green Man & Shamrock? The Americans are going to love this kit.

Sounds like that particular tribe was inspired by It's always sunny

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â