Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

8 minutes ago, Anything11 said:

I like Zat - it is impressive just how many specifically anti-gerrard posts he manages to make per day

spacer.png

7 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Impressive? Fair enough.

What's mental is that @Zatman is/was generally one of the more balanced posters on the board over the years.

Like a few others, he just REALLY dislikes SG 🤣.

it's why I usually try to find a middle ground or make peace after I go on a rant because they are decent blokes for the most part really.

UP the Zat! ( Till our next argument 👀 )

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

What's mental is that @Zatman is/was generally one of the most balanced posters on the board over the years.

Like a few others, he just REALLY dislikes SG 🤣.

it's why I usually try to find a middle ground or make peace after I go on a rant because they are decent blokes for the most part really.

UP the Zat! ( Till our next argument 👀 )

ROUND 1….. FIGHT!

• Haha 1

I'm not feeling massively excited for this season either, although I think part of that is just down to general football fatigue. All feels a bit pointless when City can just go and pluck another Haaland, Phillips etc every summer. I could do with another month or so before the season starts again 😅

But to stay on topic, I hope to see SG learn from what we saw last season. All I want is for us to actually look like a cohesive side - the quality of the players will do the rest if we can just get them to settle and gel into a proper unit. 

Edited by wict01
  • Like 2

According to the Sky Bet Fan Hope Survey 2022, Gerrard is universally backed which I find totally confusing. How he's above the likes of Vieira, Conte, Potter, Frank and Rodgers I don't know given what those managers have achieved with their clubs.

07.07_HUB_ManagersConfidence_PL_.jpg

I'd have him down there with Lampard on about 75%, had pretty much similar form to them in the second half of last season but with a better squad. 

We must have one of the lowest expectations as a fanbase in the league, I don't think it's anything to do with spending time in the Champ either because clearly Wolves and Leeds have higher expectations as a fanbase. 

27 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

According to the Sky Bet Fan Hope Survey 2022, Gerrard is universally backed which I find totally confusing. How he's above the likes of Vieira, Conte, Potter, Frank and Rodgers I don't know given what those managers have achieved with their clubs.

07.07_HUB_ManagersConfidence_PL_.jpg

I'd have him down there with Lampard on about 75%, had pretty much similar form to them in the second half of last season but with a better squad. 

We must have one of the lowest expectations as a fanbase in the league, I don't think it's anything to do with spending time in the Champ either because clearly Wolves and Leeds have higher expectations as a fanbase. 

I’m really glad to see this. Having no confidence with the manager before the season even starts helps nobody on match day.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’m really glad to see this. Having no confidence with the manager before the season even starts helps nobody on match day.

Given this forum, the other media I frequent and all the people I know socially, colleagues and people at the ground the confidence level in Gerrard is nowhere close to 94%

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Given this forum, the other media I frequent and all the people I know socially, colleagues and people at the ground the confidence level in Gerrard is nowhere close to 94%

Well, the people who took part in that survey--94% are confident. I mean, that's indisputable. 

I wonder what the sample size was?

Edited by PaulMcGrath_5

4 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Well, the people who took part in that survey--94% are confident. I mean, that's indisputable. 

I wonder what the sample size was?

Just checked, 1500 across all clubs, so on average less than 100 fans per club

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Yeah, terrible sample size--can't get any sort of meaningful data from that.

Yeah whether he got 6% positive or 94% positive it’s not a sample size that has any meaningful use.

• Like 1

I have confidence in him but like any other manager its a results business so he needs a good start and there is still huge questions about the line-up and formations.  Does anybody know what the starting line-up will be for the first game  If the season of we dont make any further signings.  

Edited by PaulC
  • Like 1

Â