Fifa 22

stegzy

On 25/01/2022 at 21:10, MellbergsBeard said:

Anyone playing ultimate team this year?

I nearly posted this the other week, but figured the others would bite their thumb at me so didn't.

Played my first Weekend League of '22, and from the rewards got this:

20220108-221150.jpg

Most valuable player I've ever had since I started playing in 2014  - sold for 1.3m.

Edited by ml1dch
  • Like 3

• 2 months later...

Can understand why EA would want to drop the FIFA license, especially if FIFA wanted more money. I think FIFA need EA more than EA need FIFA. 

Though all that being said, I hope FIFA manage to get another company to create a decent football game.

And EA Sports FC is a shite name.  

Edited by PieFacE

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Free this month with PS+ so finally got it. Nearly brought it in the last sale.

I'll probably get it if it's free. No desire to spend money on a Fifa game any time soon, but can't really pass up a freebie

• Like 1

downloaded it yesterday morning, went to play it at 8pm and it was at 61% installation and then as of 11pm last night it was still at 61% of the installation

couldnt work out if it installs quicker or if there was any kind of link to me doing that shit nonsense on the streets of paris, i did the 10 hour trial and i dont remember that but i just couldnt get it move

pissed off with it from the offset, bodes well, i dont know why i do it, i hate FIFA

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

i hate FIFA

Same. I can't stand FUT and that seems to be all it's about in recent years.

But for free I'll give this one a go. I'll at least have a football game to play with mates on the one occasion a year when I have any mates round

Up the game speed to highest, set the difficulty to World Class but then nerf the opposition AI with the sliders whilst giving yourself a boost with them.  Will make the gameplay far more palatable, at the very least a bit more "arcadey" (i.e. fun) and really cuts down on the scripting.  Not played "out the box" settings for the last 5/6 iterations and it really does make a difference.

5 minutes ago, GarethRDR said:

Up the game speed to highest, set the difficulty to World Class but then nerf the opposition AI with the sliders whilst giving yourself a boost with them.  Will make the gameplay far more palatable, at the very least a bit more "arcadey" (i.e. fun) and really cuts down on the scripting.  Not played "out the box" settings for the last 5/6 iterations and it really does make a difference.

Just pisses me off that you have to do this to a game to make it playable 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, GarethRDR said:

Does it still have the difficulty balancer of making your AI controlled defenders go for hot dogs at random times? 

FIFA 21 every other game was a 7 goal thriller for me, it was bollocks

And a scout report that tells me next to nothing? 

A little, but tweaking the comparative pace/acceleration will allow you enough time to get players back into place to cover.  Think I tend to go with a -5 to AI acceleration/pace and a +5 to user acc/pace; this also helps balance out the horrible fatigue system (whereby the AI team would comfortably have players with half a tank left by the 80-minute mark but all of your players would be huffing, even if you'd just spent the game knocking the ball between your own defenders).

My experience of FIFA AI is that when you're playing against it it's the least fun game in the world. They make it difficult by making them into absolute robots. it's not fun.

PES has gone to shit lately, but last time I had it it was at least fun. Even if you were losing it felt like you were losing to a good team. It was still fun.

Fifa is painful

21 hours ago, GarethRDR said:

I've only played a few games of Squad Battles, and that was on semi-pro, but some of the movement is atrocious. Also I don't think I've connected on a cross yet, they seem to be worse.

I spent the majority of last night playing FUT. Opened the free packs, did the basic SBCs, decided I was making a Premier League team so sold all my decent foreign cards for money then brought some in to fill the gaps. 85 overall with 100 chem now.

Got the McGinn TOTS 90 card for under 30k ^_^

Something new for this year, they've made it so your players can't actually pass a football

Its unplayable on world class difficulty, they make you shitter, I'm sat here playing thinking I need to adjust the pass accuracy slider to 100, change the GK to 100, change the full back positioning to 100, I played one half and gave the ball away over 10 times, including 2 times where my player whiffed it, completely miskicked the ball

Its just a waste of time 

33 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Was that from an SBC?

No, it’s was really average pack. 24 gold, 7 rare. I sold it and built a great team and still have 500k

Â