Fifa 22

stegzy

Has anyone else tried the free 10 hours of this yet? I’ve had a go and feel it’s a massive upgrade on previous versions. I wonder if they spent the last 2 years trying to get this one right as feels like a proper upgrade.

5 minutes ago, stegzy said:

Has anyone else tried the free 10 hours of this yet? I’ve had a go and feel it’s a massive upgrade on previous versions. I wonder if they spent the last 2 years trying to get this one right as feels like a proper upgrade.

I haven't yet but did see on youtube where they are missing tons of third kits including ours; sure they will fix that in a title update a couple weeks after release just sucks not in their to begin with.

Yeah, I’m sure they have a bit to sort still but gameplay feels much better. Really angry that (after waiting about 5 updates so far) they still haven’t updated Watkins (really annoying) face but have got Jacob Ramsey’s 

28 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

The brief video I watched on it said they've fixed the defending so I'll play it at some point 

Fully expect the standard EA difficulty increase problems, the opposition AI doesn't get better your team mate AI gets worse 

Yep. I’ve always found professional way to easy and World Class way to hard. Haven’t checked that on this version yet.

• Like 1

Started the trial 

Career mode has the usual spit shine with no actual changes, not seen anything yet to the hub or the presentation, got a new phone in the office when negotiating deals though... They've not fixed the scouting which is shit, also signed bellingham for £36m and £16k a week so you can wreck a career within minutes if you know who to buy 

Played Watford on semi pro and dicked them 6-0 with 30 odd shots so straight to world class which is where my problems normally are

Not sure on the player motions yet, there's no 40 yard over head volley passes but some of its still weird, shooting especially seems like there's an over use of this new weight shift jump in the air technique, that might just be me though 

The lob pass has a slight tweak and seems harder to play

Bailey is rapid 

4 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I played the trial for 3 games online and just stopped and won't play it again now. The series is so tired at this point. Have 0 enthusiasm for it. 

I would say the same but I know I'll revisit it late November when they knock £20 off it

Everything about it so far feels like a gameplay patch to fix the shite that was broken on the last one 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I would say the same but I know I'll revisit it late November when they knock £20 off it

Everything about it so far feels like a gameplay patch to fix the shite that was broken on the last one 

It's been that way since about FIFA15 now.

The monopoly EA have over football simulation games is annoying. It should be a legal requirement that multiple developers can get access to the licenses. 

Edited by PieFacE

I can see it all ending up like pro evo where they own the FIFPRO license for the players but not all the leagues and teams etc

Make your own team and buy the players to play online only

This new FIFA has put some work in to club creation apparently 

EA do a deal with the top table teams so that they're in there for a handsome amount of money but the likes of us won't be 

What Juve did last year will be the beginning of the end 

FIFA likely won't see a huge evolution until the last-gen console are bumped off the release schedule. 

Some of the best FIFA games are usually the ones that utilise the new consoles fully, but right now all you're playing is last-gen FIFA with a slightly more CPU intensive animation system that is exclusive to current-gen. 

Maybe my faith is misplaced as EA have no competition anymore (thanks Konami), but at least in the past the first FIFA to take full advantage of the new consoles was usually a bit of leap. We likely won't see that until FIFA '23/'24 though, if we see it at all. 

5 hours ago, villa4europe said:

This new FIFA has put some work in to club creation apparently

As with most "exciting new features" what they've put in is basically a limited rehash of a previous system that they removed some years ago; can't remember which iteration, but there was one year where they launched some online editing platform that actually had a decent amount of depth to it and ostensibly allowed you to create any team and download them into the game, along with players etc.  Having watched videos of the club creation suite, it looks largely like a pale imitation of this; you can't change your created team's goalie kits, you just get that same generic shite they give to almost all the teams that aren't in one of the big leagues (guarantee this'll be added in next year's iteration under the aforementioned "exciting new features!" fanfare).  You can't add sponsors (with the older editing platform you could upload images to be added to shirts so you could make some authentic approximations) which, with licensing, yeah I get why they can't use genuine companies but why not just make up a load of fake company names/logos for you to choose from? Seems like a simple solution.  The stadium editor is basically just choosing the colour of the seats/general livery of one of the existing stadium models.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, MCU said:

I thought it was released 1st October but if you pre-order you can play it now? What happens if I buy it digitally off the Xbox store?

No, you can play a 10hour trial if you have EA access. This is included free with Gamepass or if on Sony there is a deal where you can get a month for 79p.

Â