Fifa 22

stegzy

The last FIFA I bought was 17, and it is bad, but I still occasionally play it. 

I just play career mode. My interest in it lasts for about six or seven seasons, up until the point where you are expected to win everything. 

As much as 17 sucks, I keep hearing that each game after just keeps getting worse.

Following on from pes changing to esports EA are looking at dropping the FIFA name, they've signed a new deal with FIFPRO giving them all the player details and faces etc but they're yet to renew the FIFA tag and have trademarked an alternative 

• Shocked 1

I fondly remember an older FIFA where free-kicks were awesome. You'd have a picture of the ball at the bottom right and you could effectively pick the point you connect with, put how much spin you want and then power with the shot button (effectively like a snooker game).

You could get some proper spin on the kick and I was regularly scoring from 40yards out with League 2 players ^_^

Cor even hit the target in these new ones.

• Like 1

Learned something new yesterday.  If you want to skip cut scenes and cinematics that normally require you to hold the x button for 3 to 4 seconds (press conferences in career mode as an example) you can instead just hit L1 and R1 together and it skips immediately without the long hold needed.  Just think what else you can achieve with those extra 3 seconds....

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Straggler said:

Learned something new yesterday.  If you want to skip cut scenes and cinematics that normally require you to hold the x button for 3 to 4 seconds (press conferences in career mode as an example) you can instead just hit L1 and R1 together and it skips immediately without the long hold needed.  Just think what else you can achieve with those extra 3 seconds....

does that work for the last minute goal nonsense too?

that properly pissed me off last year

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

does that work for the last minute goal nonsense too?

that properly pissed me off last year

Good question, not idea as I've not tried it. You could try just not letting in any last-minute goals.... 😏

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 14/10/2021 at 10:09, villa4europe said:

if this is true then yeah forget it, EA will drop the name

Yeuch. A fight between FIFA and EA Sports about whose right to make billions of pounds out of football is more important than the other.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Another update just came out and still not fixes for the buggiest career mode that I can remember. Noodle armed youth players, no name and number on the kit, the player editor as limited as it is resetting changes whenever it feels like it.  What is the point of allowing us to edit the kits and then have the game overwrite it?  4 or 5 seasons in and most of the teams have the same noodle armed players with blank kits running around the pitch totally ruining the immersion.  This game has pissed me off more than any other.  The game play changes have been awful too.  It was significantly better at release, and subsequent patches have actually made it worse.  So many other bugs too.  I did like the gameplay, but thoroughly fed up with them now.

7 minutes ago, MellbergsBeard said:

I normally stop playing just before tots season starts, I’ve stopped already, pretty sure this was my last fifa, seems like an end of era.

I think it is

I know PES or whatever its called is an even bigger pile of shit but within the next 3 to 5 years that model will be followed by EA

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
Â