Fifa 22

stegzy

Pretty stoked not to be wasting $100 on this this year, finally learned my lesson after last year's turd that it's not particularly fun being stuck between intentionally missing for the last half so you dont win 15-0 or getting smashed on World Class every game because the computor replaces your team mates with blind ferrets. Online doesn't appeal to me nor does the whole Ultimate Team aspect so there's really 0 point in me getting this.

'

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Genie said:

I read somewhere that from next year the game will be free, cos they know they’ll rake it in on Fifa points and other extras.

Could believe it, maybe they'd float the idea and see if game pass or ps+ picked it up before going with EA play 

But if Konami esports eats in to their market a bit then it's the logical step, they make enough from the online stuff 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Genie said:

I read somewhere that from next year the game will be free, cos they know they’ll rake it in on Fifa points and other extras.

13 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Could believe it, maybe they'd float the idea and see if game pass or ps+ picked it up before going with EA play 

But if Konami esports eats in to their market a bit then it's the logical step, they make enough from the online stuff 

Yeah I imagine if e-football makes an impact (and UFL which is apparently a new game of a similar ilk) then FIFA might be forced to make theirs free

With what ubisoft have announced with AC it sounds like the way games are heading, especially the annual releases

EA can in theory make FIFA like fortnite, give it away for free as a service game, patches and new content every 3 months, if you design your own clubs and kits then a huge chunk of it is taken away from them, update the boots and hair cuts every now and then 

I wouldn't go anywhere near it but I'm no longer their target audience, 12 year olds who get £100 of fifa points off father christmas every year is who they want 

• Like 1

It's sad really, games that started as a form of entertainment, developed by lovers of gaming, and now it's just all lootboxes and bullshit.

I wish the whole franchise would just disappear, but it makes so much cash from morons that the only thing they bother to develop is ultimate teams, which is toss mostly.

Edited by Mister_a
  • Like 1

I don't get why FUT is a thing. It is so far removed from what running a team is actually about. Could you imagine a club deciding what player they want in the team then shutting their eyes and buying 2000 random players hoping that the one they want is in there somehow. I tried it, thought it was crap and moved on, but it seems I'm in the minority again.

In related news, my first career mode bug is having players promoted from the youth squad all have their first name on their shirts. Not game braking, but odd.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Straggler said:

I don't get why FUT is a thing. It is so far removed from what running a team is actually about. Could you imagine a club deciding what player they want in the team then shutting their eyes and buying 2000 random players hoping that the one they want is in there somehow. I tried it, thought it was crap and moved on, but it seems I'm in the minority again.

I'm with you. Tried it before but it's absolutely shit. I've bought a football game not a crap trading card game.

Unfortunately it's all FIFA seem to care about

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Daweii said:

Most people into FUT aren't into FUT, they're into the feeling they get when they pull the card they have been after for weeks. FUT is gambling, now EA will say it's not because you always get something, even if that something is a 69 rated 18-year old from Scunthorpe, but the phycological element behind FUT is the same as gambling. You feel the same lows and the same highs as you would at a slot machine. Those that are into FUT are into the gambling element, and they're also the ones spending hundreds of pounds on it. EA make well over $1 billion per year from FIFA alone, most of it from FUT. It's good to be in the minority in this instance as FUT is literally creating gambling addicts.

Yeah it's really shocking how it's even allowed tbh. FIFA should be an 18 rated game. Hopefully governments step up and do the right thing like Belgium did and ban it. 

• Like 1

Buckled and picked this up on PS4. Actually enjoying it more than Fifa 21 as I've changed the camera angle to "Broadcast" and it actually feels and looks very different to previous versions, even though really it isn't that different. It looks more realistic in terms of the way the camera moves, which is something at least. Still a bit annoying that they haven't done much with career mode, especially in terms of how you can pretty much sign anyone when you're a PL team, which takes away from the realism a bit.

GK's are better and the ball physics are more satisfying, but still a rip off for £50.

So I'm doing create a club career mode on ultimate difficulty and god-damn it is hard.  I wanted to make it difficult, so I created the worst possible team I could in the English second division. Just finished my first season and finished third from bottom.  In previous years I would pretty much do similar and get promoted every year until I won the Prem normally at the first time of asking.  There are a few problems with the season and it is the number of last minute goals I'm conceding. It is happening pretty much every single game. It feels very very scripted.  The attacking ability of the AI suddenly gets set at 11 and my defenders start to behave differently to the rest of the time.  I've had my full back running at a full sprint towards the corner flag to play a striker in the middle onside for a through ball.  My centre backs step into concrete and I can no longer switch to the player I want.  I've set my defensive line to high, but the back 4 begin to sit on the edge of the 6 yard box with none of the midfield tracking back so the opposition can stroll into the box unchallenged and shoot before a defender can get to them.

I am sort of enjoying the challenge in a perverse way, I do want it to be difficult. However I managed to loan in a rapid AF striker and every single defender in the league can not only keep up with him, they can catch up with him when he is clean through.  I've checked stats after the game and I have defenders with speed and acceleration in the 40's catching up with a player with speed in the 90's.  Playing with your players nerfed is not fun.

On 04/10/2021 at 09:53, Straggler said:

In related news, my first career mode bug is having players promoted from the youth squad all have their first name on their shirts. Not game braking, but odd.

Yep.  Haven't bought it for a few years but even then I was only interested in career mode or online seasons if I was playing online.

Â