Pre-match thread

BOF

Isn't Ronaldo Portuguese for goal hanger.

We can have these. We are better coached, we are hungrier and my two wishes are that injuries don't dictate the lineup/formation and that Mike Dean decides to be impartial for once in his shitty, rat-faced life. I even had to watch him in Ted Lasso the other night which bought my opinion of that show down 87.8%

I think we can beat them. Pogba does seem to turn it on against us, just hope Luiz isn't near him in the penalty box.

I'm sticking with my 2-1 Villa win.

Ings with a tap in.

Cross from Cash that Slabhead tries to head to Verane, but it hits the corner of his head and goes in the goal.

Who hasn't scored for United in a while? Them to score.

On 21/09/2021 at 19:21, villalad21 said:

We could be 5-0 up with 5 minutes to go, and I'd still be confident we'd lose against these bastards. 

I cant like this comment enough 😂but me and my uncle joke about this all the time ! And say the EXACT same thing ... it really is a scripted fixture how many TIMES! have we had to witness this its unreal ... 😞

8 minutes ago, Jono62 said:

I think we can beat them. Pogba does seem to turn it on against us, just hope Luiz isn't near him in the penalty box.

I'm sticking with my 2-1 Villa win.

Ings with a tap in.

Cross from Cash that Slabhead tries to head to Verane, but it hits the corner of his head and goes in the goal.

Who hasn't scored for United in a while? Them to score.

Brave of you 😂 have you seen our history of results against the Red Devil’s ? 

I've backed United for the win and I've backed them to score a penalty (separate bets). I will be quite happy to lose both of those bets, but business is business.

Would be chuffed with a point (as long as it's not an injury time equaliser from them or another dodgy pen) I'd be absolutely ecstatic with three. Can't see it though, not because we ain't capable, just because it's United. 🙄

Hopefully they have half an eye on the other Villa(real) on Wednesday night but I doubt it will affect their line up which will inevitably be a strong one.

In an ideal world Bailey would be starting but presuming he won't make it I'd either go:-

(4-3-3) Martinez; Cash, Konsa, Mings, Targett; Luiz, McGinn, Ramsey; Buendia, Watkins, Traore.

or

(3-5-2) Martinez; Konsa, Mings, Hause; Cash, Luiz, Ramsey, McGinn, Targett; Watkins, Ings.

Ultimately, I think Ronaldo unfortunately will be the difference. Head 3-1. Heart 0-1 with a 93rd min OG from anyone, but Bruno would be extra spesh!

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

Death, taxes, and losing at old trafford

As long as we come away injury free and goal difference doesn't take too much of a battering i'll be happy

Death , taxes and losing to United full stop 😭 home and away ... the most frustrating fixture ever played for me 😞

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, WakefieldVillan said:

Would be chuffed with a point (as long as it's not an injury time equaliser from them or another dodgy pen) I'd be absolutely ecstatic with three. Can't see it though, not because we ain't capable, just because it's United. 🙄

Hopefully they have half an eye on the other Villa(real) on Wednesday night but I doubt it will affect their line up which will inevitably be a strong one.

In an ideal world Bailey would be starting but presuming he won't make it I'd either go:-

(4-3-3) Martinez; Cash, Konsa, Mings, Targett; Luiz, McGinn, Ramsey; Buendia, Watkins, Traore.

or

(3-5-2) Martinez; Konsa, Mings, Hause; Cash, Luiz, Ramsey, McGinn, Targett; Watkins, Ings.

Ultimately, I think Ronaldo unfortunately will be the difference. Head 3-1. Heart 0-1 with a 93rd min OG from anyone, but Bruno would be extra spesh!

Ings must be starting in either line up tbh we need the strongest side from the get go

Hence why agbonlahor is one of my favourites for us as that winner at old trafford in 2009 was the only time i have ever seen us win against united ... id be still having sleepless nights because of him but regardless it feels like we still havent beat them because of how long that was 

• Like 1