Pre-match thread

BOF

22 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Ings must be starting in either line up tbh we need the strongest side from the get go

I think he will start, definitely gives us extra fire power, but if we play 3 up top it might mean him having to start wider and not sure that suits him or us.

We would probably be best going 4-3-1-2 with a narrow 3, Buendia behind Watkins and Ings, which would suit Ings better but it could be a bit bold away at OT. 

Again, it's great to have these options available to us and mix things up to give us the best chance of beating our opponent.

I'm guessing Solskjaer hasn't a clue how we will line up either which can only be a good thing.

3 hours ago, WakefieldVillan said:

I think he will start, definitely gives us extra fire power, but if we play 3 up top it might mean him having to start wider and not sure that suits him or us.

We would probably be best going 4-3-1-2 with a narrow 3, Buendia behind Watkins and Ings, which would suit Ings better but it could be a bit bold away at OT. 

Again, it's great to have these options available to us and mix things up to give us the best chance of beating our opponent.

I'm guessing Solskjaer hasn't a clue how we will line up either which can only be a good thing.

Problem gets worse as united just lost at OT even though it wasnt a league game and less important  they wont lose twice in a row there 

48 minutes ago, romavillan said:

If it wasn't for the Mike **** Dean factor I'd actually expect us to give them a good game. Let's hope Dean sees his chance for fame by sending off their keeper in the first minute.

Its ronaldo we need sending off  hahah he has a field day against us

• Like 1

5 hours ago, romavillan said:

If it wasn't for the Mike **** Dean factor I'd actually expect us to give them a good game. Let's hope Dean sees his chance for fame by sending off their keeper in the first minute.

Utd fans seem to hate Dean even more than we do! He'll probably make up with them on Saturday

• Like 1

So nice to have 2 good players out injured and we still have options .

I guess he will go 5 3 2 again . But that means we can still have this choice for the bench

Traore Buendia Archer El Ghazi, Hause Young Nakamba Carney Bidace , Steer 

Been a while since we had this depth hasnt it...

The fun thing about this season is that none of us really know what formation/team Deano is going to pick, which means opposition managers have no idea either. It’s great keeping everyone guessing and on their toes. 433, 4231, 532 who knows?

From the Chelsea game the other night, I thought Hause, Traore and Nakamba were outstanding and can consider themselves unlucky if not picked for this game but you have to look at the opposition.

Looking ahead to Utd, their front 4/5 players are frightening, whether it be Rashford, Sancho, Greenwood, Ronaldo, Fernandez starting? That’s without referring to the enigma that is Pogba. Flashes of brilliance here and there from him usually does enough to turn a game. In view of their attacking threat, I would personally start the game as a 532 and see how we go from there. It’s obviously going to be very tough but as West Ham have shown recently, Utd have their faults and do concede. My heart says either a 2-1 win or 1-1 draw but my head says we’ll lose by the odd goal and a dodgy decision:

Martinez 

Konsa     Mings     Hause     

Cash                      Luiz                 Targett 

Ramsey         McGinn

Ings              Watkins 

Subs:  Steer, Bogarde, Young, Nakamba, Chuk, Buendia, El G, Traore, Archer

Edited by ferguson1
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I got a good feeling about Saturday. 

Why?

Since that win in 1995 we've only beat these words removed once.

In 26 years.

FFS I was still.young then!

We could play them.off the park but something or someone will still **** us up, just like always.