Pre-match thread

BOF

1 hour ago, Peter Griffin said:

He has a point. 

Erm ..... nope he doesn't!

The actual cheek of the guy! The number of dodgy pennos they get and he has the gaul to actually call out the officials for refusing to give a penalty to some blatant cheating/diving. Even if one of them could have been a Pen they also denied West Ham a clear one earlier in the game but i don't hear Moyes bleating on about that one! 

Instead Jermaine Jenas and all those who came out crowing about how wonderful it was to see Ollie Watkins sent off for going down a bit easy (Even though actually contacted) should be shouting hard & loud as to how on Earth the corrupt FA & their officials found a way to not book Ronaldo despite repeated (At least twice) clear & obvious dives. The one he was not even touched whatsoever, dragged his foot and dived blatantly....much worse than Watkins' against them last season....Not even a yellow card!

They disgust me quite frankly. The number of dodgy pens they have had against us and Jenas (A former player no less) actually saw fit to come out and slate Watkins for ONCE trying to reiprocate their antics (even though he got some contact) and he gets a red! I mean really?!  It's Ridiculous!

The ref & VAR could obviously see Ronaldo was diving as could we all. In another of the incidents he clearly kicks the ball away from goal to the left of the defender and deliberately carries his run on straight away from the ball and then at the last minute bends into the defender initiating contact. A typical UTD penalty normally. They are only so staggered because they normally get 100% of those and especially when employee No.1 Mike Dean or Martin Atkinson are officiating ... that would have likely been 3 pennos had it been against us rather than one of the current darlings of the London media West Ham.

Ollie GS  is clearly taking instruction from Alex Ferguson on how to pursuade the FA to play along. Simple tactic.. Shout loud when you don't get any decision and hey presto, because they are greasing the tracks for the scummy six especially Man U & Liverpool & have been for years, the week after (sadly against us this time) they will slot in the Ref of the moment to redress the balance and restore order.

It used to be Howard Webb or whoever (Apparently huge rumours that he was a Man U fan but tried to cover it up & still does according to UTD fans at work but who knows i guess)

Nailed on dodgy penno or two against us incoming tomorrow i reckon. The only time that tends to not happen is if it's not required like if UTD go 3-0 up so they therefore don't have any need to intervene.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Big Salad said:

2-1 to us Ings with the brace.

Ill hang ings on my wall if that ever comes to life honestly, but this fixture is a pain in the *** .... always the same outcome... cant even beat them with villa on my playstation 😂 thats how bad it is even the computer knows the rules with this one 🤦🏽‍♂️ Devastated that bailey is ruled out because i would be more optimistic 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Herman22 said:

I hope we stick with the back 3 and replace Axel with Hause!

Emi

Konsa Hause Mings

Cash Luiz  Marv McGinn Targett

Watkins Ings

We can switch to 4-3-3 with the likes of Buendia and Traore on the bench if needed. 

Very harsh to drop Ramsey. Can't see anything else but Doug-Ramsey-SJM being the midfield. Buendia, AEG and Traore options from the bench which is tidy enough. If we're losing comfortably Archer will probably get 10-15 minutes for the experience.

28 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Very harsh to drop Ramsey. Can't see anything else but Doug-Ramsey-SJM being the midfield. Buendia, AEG and Traore options from the bench which is tidy enough. If we're losing comfortably Archer will probably get 10-15 minutes for the experience.

None of them boys bring pace and that creative spark we need traore on that field or at least buendia

1 hour ago, RicRic said:

None of them boys bring pace and that creative spark we need traore on that field or at least buendia

Hard to see any of them starting if we stick to 3-5-2.

The strategy of keeping it as tight as possible for an hour and then bring some of them on when Man. United push forward won't be a bad one, Traore had two decent games v them last season so would probably use him as first sub if he's fit.

Let's just get this fixture out of the way. I'll be glad to be done with it. And this isn't because I'm downbeat about the direction of the team, quite the opposite, but they have such a strong psychological hold on us that as a fan I find it very difficult to be positive. I've just checked and since the inception of the Premier League I think we've drawn 5 times at Old Trafford and won once. That's it. And 3 of those 5 draws were in the 90s. Combine that with the refereeing corruption and even if we play out of our skins (a la Liverpool last season) I struggle to see us getting more than a draw.

• Like 3