January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Coutinho, Olsen and Digne all with a Scouse connection and now potentially Suarez 

Would think we could look somewhere a bit different for players

Bissouma from Brighton OK ?

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

We already have the young high potential players though?

Yes, so we can selectively buy a few exceptional older players. I'm OK with the higher age profile this window, given the quality, but I wouldn't want to see it as the norm in the Summer. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

You are missing the point. It's about what position it leaves us in when he moves on, with an aging playing staff who are not adding value and the club can't shift. If the club stuck to buying high potential younger players we would have a better chance of building sustainable success, instead of a short term fix, where we finish 6th one season and then spend a few more in the bottom half of the table, while we rebuild an aging team. Rinse and repeat. 

I understand that but that is not what is happening. We have the youngest or just about the youngest 1st in the PL. Last week we purchased Kerr Smith so we are still investing in the youth players and spending millions on each of them i.e. we are going for real quality potential. But to move up the league Gerrard said he needs some older players and he got Digne in who is 28. Coutinho is a loan but if we do buy him he will be 29 and he is without question a world class player. 7th looks like a European spot this season and I expect that is the aim. Also, every position we finish up the league is worth 3.5m extra in direct revenue plus the extra revenue from sponsors and the increased profile. We are a million miles away from being left with an ageing playing staff that is not adding value to the club. It is extremely difficult to get the balance between youth and experience right but it appears that is that Gerrard and Purslow are trying to do

• Like 2

Just now, DaveAV1 said:

Inns in a swap deal for JWP, who may be more inclined to jump ship now that Southampton are more or less secure? Suarez the short term answer?

I doubt JWP is even on the radar now.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DaveAV1 said:

Inns in a swap deal for JWP, who may be more inclined to jump ship now that Southampton are more or less secure? Suarez the short term answer?

Ings isnt welcome back at Southampton 

1 minute ago, WallisFrizz said:

We are not short of forwards

Depends if one is leaving

1 minute ago, WallisFrizz said:

we need to stop conceding

We can do more than one deal at a time.  We did four in the last week, just because we are looking at Suarez doesn’t mean we aren’t looking at the defensive side plus it’s also what is available.

3 minutes ago, Pablo_2531 said:

I’m just waiting till your linked with raheem Sterling. I can see that happening in the summer 

no thanks, i think he's one of the most overrated players in the Prem.

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

no thanks, i think he's one of the most overrated players in the Prem.

I agree. Not a massive fan myself. Although his career has vastly exceeded what I thought he would do