January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

Just now, sharkyvilla said:

With all these potential signings I wonder why we didn't do more in the summer.  Do you think they were holding money back from Dean because they thought he had reached his ceiling and were looking at probably changing manager this season?

Yes

7 hours ago, M_Afro said:

Mings is much better than Konsa. I agree that we need a new centre back but Mings will still start.

Mings may be better than Konsa for large periods of his play but he is a disaster when it comes to the brain fart moments. It is a complete waste of time having a great CB for 89 minutes if he costs us a goal in the 1 minute he switches off. This is happening way too frequently. He needs to be replaced

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

This thread is just 221 pages of people saying we need a left back and a new defensive midfielder. Over and over again. 

Anyway. We need a new left back and a defensive midfielder. 

And people saying that we need to sell Ings because we're not a good enough club to have 2 decent strikers. 

Anyway, we don't need to sell Ings. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

And people saying that we need to sell Ings because we're not a good enough club to have 2 decent strikers. 

Anyway, we don't need to sell Ings. 

I don't think anyone said we should sell Ings. I posed the question 'SHOULD we sell Ings to Newcastle now as we could make a killing in him. I speculated we could sell for 50m and we only paid 25m for him a few months ago. That is not saying we need to sell Ings

3 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

Continuing the un PC line...How do u know when a woman has an orgasm? Who cares!

Or the Australian “fancy some sex Shiela ? No OK lie down while I have some”.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

I don't think anyone said we should sell Ings. I posed the question 'SHOULD we sell Ings to Newcastle now as we could make a killing in him. I speculated we could sell for 50m and we only paid 25m for him a few months ago. That is not saying we need to sell Ings

Haha.  I didn't even realise it was you who had proposed that when I posted😁

Plenty of people have said we should sell him though. 

1 hour ago, nepal_villan said:

Think some of our defensive woes will subside as we start improving in other parts of the pitch.  

Yep. They will as we're attacking more and under less pressure. 

We will eventually get round to looking at that but replacing Mings or Konsa is going to be a summer when we're only making 1 or 2 big money signings to really push us on. We've got other areas to worry about before that. 

13 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Yep. They will as we're attacking more and under less pressure. 

We will eventually get round to looking at that but replacing Mings or Konsa is going to be a summer when we're only making 1 or 2 big money signings to really push us on. We've got other areas to worry about before that. 

Can't see it until the summer of 2023.  

16 hours ago, grobs said:

We need to replace luiz in the starting 11 as a priority this window. Targett close 2nd.  

No, we need a true DM so Dougie can play further forward where he belongs.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, useless said:

As per his thread:

Surely this is bollox?

I have it on good authority that we've abandoned signing young players, and that we are now only chucking money at over paid has beens to save Gerrards job, and NWSE and Purslow blushes?  * In panic *

Who is the source? Villa Report?

Note: The " Good Authority " is some of the top Brass at VT.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Haha 3