Villa Park - Atmosphere [merged]

MaVilla

55 minutes ago, mattyvilla said:

The man u players especially Fernandez were getting plenty of needle , then they asked us to stop it .... Its difficult to make an atmosphere if they dont want it to be hostile to visiting teams

Who asked you to stop ?

The more hostile the better 

Edited by Rugeley Villa

3 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Who asked you to stop ?

Exactly this, I was hurling abuse at them for the entire game As were, my boys, bless them. The apples  do not fall far from the tree

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Why do our boos or song end so quickly? We also seem to sing at the wrong time. I think we need some coordinators. 

Get the fella from go compare, he might be quite cheap

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Who asked you to stop ?

They announced twice mid game that they had a zero tolerance policy on abuse. I couldn’t work out what had been happening as although there had been plenty of booing, none of the songs were abusive. I presumed something must have happened that I didn’t know about, it can’t just have been fans giving Fernandes some stick after they’ve spent the last few days trying to hype up the atmosphere. 

I suppose they’ve backed themselves into a corner a bit asking for Brentford to complete an investigation into whatever comments Watkins had.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, mattyvilla said:

They put it up on the screen and announced it after Fernandez getting pelters taking a corner 

Can't even tell an opposition player he looks like a farm animal out of Shrek anymore. Pathetic.

• Haha 1

Surely those 2 announcements weren't because we were booing United players? surely not?

Atmosphere was good today, the crowd were up for it. I was wondering at the time what the point of those announcements were, there's no way it can be because the HOME crowd were trying to unsettle the AWAY team..

28 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

They announced twice mid game that they had a zero tolerance policy on abuse. I couldn’t work out what had been happening as although there had been plenty of booing, none of the songs were abusive. I presumed something must have happened that I didn’t know about, it can’t just have been fans giving Fernandes some stick after they’ve spent the last few days trying to hype up the atmosphere. 

I suppose they’ve backed themselves into a corner a bit asking for Brentford to complete an investigation into whatever comments Watkins had.

Some fans must have gone too far with the abuse. We should be booing and giving abuse to every single moment of opposition possession. That can easily be done without getting personal or overstepping the mark. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

32 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

The announcements were probably because the odd fan went a bit too far with the abuse.

In what comparing him to a rodent?

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I heard it was because they compared him to a transsexual rodent. 

Is there actually such a thing? Bloody hell I’m getting old

in all fairness, I shouted nonce at the bloke in the bear suit at half time for some charity

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Haha 1

On a serious note though by 9 year old daughter had no idea what that announcement was talking about. As someone that suffered a lot of racism growing up to hear my kid be totally confused by that announcement made me quite happy.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

The announcements were probably because the odd fan went a bit too far with the abuse.

Yes but surely the easiest thing to do then deal with the fan that went too far (which if there was any racial/homophobic abuse they should deal with strongly)

It was just a bit odd given that the fans drummed up the atmosphere as requested.

Edited by WallisFrizz

Â