Danny Ings

HalfTimePost

Just now, Zatman said:

If Keinan Davis is on 45k a week then we are in more trouble than I expected with Purslow in charge 

I dont believe he is on a salary near that. 25k at most

How do you know that?

Just now, Tom13 said:

Why were there a queue of clubs wanting him on loan then if he did nothing for us? Don't bring Trezeguet up...terrible footballer.

Championship clubs wanting him on loan doesn’t rewrite history to make him effective in a Villa shirt.

And how you can say Davis was effective for us, and call Trezeguet a terrible footballer when he did more for Villa than Davis will do for his entire career, just about sums up how pointless it is to continue this discussion.

I won’t respond to you any more. Kienan Davies was never, by any metric, an effective player for Aston Villa. </discussion>

1 minute ago, og1874 said:

Championship clubs wanting him on loan doesn’t rewrite history to make him effective in a Villa shirt.

And how you can say Davis was effective for us, and call Trezeguet a terrible footballer when he did more for Villa than Davis will do for his entire career, just about sums up how pointless it is to continue this discussion.

I won’t respond to you any more. Kienan Davies was never, by any metric, an effective player for Aston Villa. </discussion>

😂 you take yourself very seriously. Another clueless fan who judges players purely on their numbers 😴😴

If you'd rather have Trezeguet playing for us than Davis, that tells me all I need to know. Clueless.

3 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

😂 you take yourself very seriously. Another clueless fan who judges players purely on their numbers 😴😴

If you'd rather have Trezeguet playing for us than Davis, that tells me all I need to know. Clueless.

i literally never said I’d rather have Trezeguet. I just said he was far more effective for Villa than Davis was.

Im not basing it on numbers either, I’m basing it on Davis doing barely anything of note for 70+ games. He literally did nothing. 

Edited by og1874
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Tom13 said:

He was never given a run of games for us like he's been given at Forest. Every time he started for us though, he caused problems, held the ball up, and linked play well. IMO he was effective.

Maybe because he was always injured and thw fact that he isnt very good at premier league level tom.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Maybe because he was always injured and thw fact that he isnt very good at premier league level tom.

That's your opinion. For me, when he played, he contributed in a big way to the team's output.

6 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Maybe in the championship but in the premier league? He has scored one pl goal

I'm not talking about goals though. Look at the stats I've posted in the Davis thread. He contributes much more

1 minute ago, Tom13 said:

I'm not talking about goals though. Look at the stats I've posted in the Davis thread. He contributes much more

Yeah thats  agood point lets take up this discussion in that thread 

12 hours ago, og1874 said:

You’re on another planet then.

He played 73 games for Villa, and did very little of note.

Didn't score, didn’t assist, didn’t help create goals.

He’s done more in 4 months at Forest than he did in his entire Villa career prior to that.

If you took the Villa careers of Ross McCormack and Scott Hogan and compared them to his, you’d be hard pressed to say they contributed less

That's nonsense. Davis did more on his debut versus Norwich that Fat Ross did in his entire time at Villa and cost us nothing. Hogan was woefully overated when we signed him. At least he ran around a bit compared to McCormack but wasn't any good.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Great player just the wrong player for us. It seemed a strange signing at the time and plenty of us saw the issue just a pity whoever signed him didn't think the same.

I suppose an injury to Watkins early in the season could have led to a near relegation experience so maybe it wasn't as strange as some of us thought, we needed another striker , just a younger one who was at a stage in his career where he was willing to fight for his place. 

Â