Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

6 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

True. In your opinion, does that offer a get out of jail card for all wingers, or do we make a decision on the relative merits of one vs another? 

Not a get out of jail free card but doesn't mean his replacement is going to be better

Looking around the league at similar stats for widemen Bailey has 6 goal involvements this season. Zaha has 8, Jarrod Bowen 5, St Maximin 4, Son 7

1 hour ago, Follyfoot said:

No but will give it a go? Does it have to be your own or anybody’s?

I'm guessing you'd have to find some that's fairly soft. Diorreah is just going to wash out pretty quickly and hardened bullets just aren't going to stick around. 

It seems consistency is the key to watching football with shit in your eyes as well as Leon Bailey performances. 

Edited by sidcow

35 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Most wingers are inconsistent unless they are Arjen Robben elite level

Agree they are inconsistent but maybe we can find one that plays well more than 1 in 10. Just an idea. 

Edited by Delphinho123

17 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Not a get out of jail free card but doesn't mean his replacement is going to be better

Looking around the league at similar stats for widemen Bailey has 6 goal involvements this season. Zaha has 8, Jarrod Bowen 5, St Maximin 4, Son 7

And then you have 70-90m widemen like Antony and Sancho with even less goal involvements.

Just now, gwi1890 said:

Like Bertrand Traore pre injury and Gerrard 

Lol. He stunk the place out in most matches too. That’s why we signed Buendia and Bailey because the club knew he wasn’t good enough. Which he isn’t. Regardless of injury or Gerrard.

Edited by Delphinho123

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

Lol. He stunk the place out in most matches too. That’s why we signed Buendia and Bailey because the club knew he wasn’t good enough. Which he isn’t. Regardless of injury or Gerrard.

Things that didnt happen 

5 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

So we didn’t sign two right sided attackers the summer after Traore was so brilliant? Strange move by the club to sign both Buendia and Bailey when we had such a world beater in Traore. 

Lol Buendia played as an 8 under Smith and Bailey on the left

3 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Both played on the right for their clubs. That’s where they ‘performed’. Traore was replaced. And we literally paid him to go away. Yeh. Great player.

Erm Bailey played double the amount of games at LW for monchengladbach. The fact that Buendia played on the right for Norwich means nothing it’s hardly unusual for teams to overload one flank Just like we do on the Left. Gerrard didn’t even give him a chance .

Leon Bailey has a problem that's caused by his own strengths.

He's a brilliant 20 minute player - whether that's in the opening twenty minutes of games where we've seen him be a real threat and score early goals before drifting out of things, or off the bench when he adds pace, trickery and a real threat late in games when defenders are tired. He's a fantastic sub - he can change things and be a real danger for us.

How he feels about that role is I suspect slightly different to the way I feel about it - I'd love to see him coming off the bench after seventy minutes, week in and week out, I think it's how we'll get the best out of him - but I'm sure he would want to start games. I think his dad would have the biggest hissy fit we've ever seen, but I think for us, Bailey the supersub is perfect.

The idea of getting rid of all players that are not our best 8 is the strangest idea I see at Villatalk. Why must we «bin», «get rid of» «drive away» players that are fully capable of doing a job from the bench when we feel they might not be worthy a starting eleven place game in and game out? Makes no sense.

4 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Both played on the right for their clubs. That’s where they ‘performed’. Traore was replaced. And we literally paid him to go away. Yeh. Great player.

Our former clown of a manager sent him away against the wishes of many.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Zatman said:

Most wingers are inconsistent unless they are Arjen Robben elite level

General inconsistency aside, Bailey is often making consistently poor decisions on the ball. That's not good enough. Inconsistency with beating a man/playing that final pass is acceptable. But he has to do better with his decision making.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

So we didn’t sign two right sided attackers the summer after Traore was so brilliant? Strange move by the club to sign both Buendia and Bailey when we had such a world beater in Traore. 

Your Traore hate is really odd mate. What is it about his game that you don't like? I want to know specifics. As he has composure and skill in abundance, and his decision making is far better than Bailey's. He's also a good finisher and intelligent.

In his own third he has been seen to make stupid decisions with the ball yes, and he has a languid style, is that what you don't like?

Â