Tammy Abraham

nick76

7 minutes ago, nick76 said:

In summary I’m not as fixated on the first XI as some.  For starters it depends on injuries, suspensions, formations, tiredness, tactics, opposition, form or how we are doing in the game.  I mean if we had 100% fit, in form team every game then we only need 11 players but we know that’s not the case.  A lot of the argument comes over that.

Obviously Tammy can only play as striker, he isn’t flexible for anywhere else but having two top notch strikers is not unreasonable to have as options to cater for all of the above and to give both players plenty of game time.  To be honest you’d have to ask me before each game of who plays where.

Fair enough.

6 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Our midfield is weak and lightweight. Sure, all of our players have certain qualities and make a contribution. But that is something we need to address. Sick and tired of seeing us outmuscled and overpowered in games. Sick of us being loose, careless and hurried in possession. I want us to be more dominant, keep a hold of that ball, and mix it. I want us to win that midfield battle. So let’s work on that.

The only issue we have here assuming we buy ESR or another top notch CAM, then we have McGinn, Luiz, Sanson and Ramsey for the two other midfield positions.  That’s a lot, if we buy a DCM as we all think we probably need then surely we have too many midfielders so I assume something happens.  That’s why in the scheme of things CAM is my top priority followed by a striker, then DCM because if we don’t have enough budget we have enough at midfield level to get through the season although not perfect in midfield.

So Chelsea don't want him and all the other likely clubs aren't in for him.  Why are we paying almost £40 million then. If that's the deal we are absolutely getting mugged off. 

Just now, Rightdm00 said:

So Chelsea don't want him and all the other likely clubs aren't in for him.  Why are we paying almost £40 million then. If that's the deal we are absolutely getting mugged off. 

We’ll only Man U were in for Sancho.

Only us and Arsenal in for Buendia

Only Leicester in for Daka

Only Liverpool for Konate

All these teams getting mugged off

Judge Judy Reaction GIF

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

The only issue we have here assuming we buy ESR or another top notch CAM, then we have McGinn, Luiz, Sanson and Ramsey for the two other midfield positions.  That’s a lot, if we buy a DCM as we all think we probably need then surely we have too many midfielders so I assume something happens.  That’s why in the scheme of things CAM is my top priority followed by a striker, then DCM because if we don’t have enough budget we have enough at midfield level to get through the season although not perfect in midfield.

that's assuming a defensive midfielder is easy to skip until a later, window.....I don't think it is, if we have ambitions to win matches...unless of course one emerges as a dominant force.

Its another example of not seeing it as a priority.....which is fine, its your opinion.

Gareth has just shown us the need for such players and how they hold things together, until the cavalry arrive.

Just now, nick76 said:

We’ll only Man U were in for Sancho.

Only us and Arsenal in for Buendia

Only Leicester in for Daka

Only Liverpool for Konate

All these teams getting mugged off

Judge Judy Reaction GIF

Which one of these players couldn't even get a game for their club? We are literally doing Chelsea a favor by clearing Tammy off their wage books. So yes £38 million for an unwanted striker is us getting mugged off. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TRO said:

that's assuming a defensive midfielder is easy to skip until a later, window.....I don't think it is, if we have ambitions to win matches...unless of course one emerges as a dominant force.

Its another example of not seeing it as a priority.....which is fine, its your opinion.

Gareth has just shown us the need for such players and how they hold things together, until the cavalry arrive.

No I think it’s key to get but is it for Dean and co? Rumours are mixed.  My point though is it may not be because they have so many already in the club with Sanson, McGinn, Luiz and Ramsey, and none of them looking like they are being sold and they look like first teamers so adding a fifth player for two places seems unlikely as a major priority does it?

3 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

Which one of these players couldn't even get a game for their club? We are literally doing Chelsea a favor by clearing Tammy off their wage books. So yes £38 million for an unwanted striker is us getting mugged off. 

Ok whatever, you think we are getting mugged off, I don’t.  Just bizarre!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

Nick and Dave:

Best Friends Bff GIF by reactionseditor

jennifer aniston middle finger GIF

🤭

I see this is where your minds floating Jas you naughty boy.

Edited by Dave-R

1 hour ago, Rightdm00 said:

How can we be getting mugged off if he comes in and does a fantastic job, this daft post is well just daft.

Again Judging Tammy before he's gotten chance to put a Villa shirt on.

Was you saying all this when he was playing for us in the championship, I bet you was singing or chanting his name.

I sware to god I do hope the club signs him just so he can put you lot to shame on all that your saying because some of it is just complete nonsense.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, beachboys1 said:

competition wont do watkins anyharme if true he wont get that with wes or davis

Exactly.

I think some of our VT residents think Watkins should be without competition,shouldn't have anyone challenge him for his place or be rotated for and that he will do fine forever without any injuries creeping on in.

Davis and Wesley are not going to do for a European challenge, we will be banging our heads at the walls wishing for a striker who can score in the coming season.

Watkins need someone who can pick up the slack if needed, even be subbed in the 66 min let's say, he just needs someone who can be there to aid him who's reliable and Tammy is.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Abraham won’t come here to sit on the bench

If he does join then it’s up to him to prove he deserves to start.

If we want to get back to the top then we need to change the mentality. 

3 hours ago, Dave-R said:

Galetti states that Villa are preparing to make an offer of 45million euros (£38m) to bring Abraham back to Villa Park.

"Preparing" 

What are we doing, counting out the cash in Purslow's office first?

Â