Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

34 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

He has. Not every single game, but overall he's been disappointing. He went from comfortably our best player to inconsistent and sloppy.

A spot in next season's starting XI is up for grabs as this season comes to an end. Some are really making a great case that they can stay in the team. McGinn, Mings, Konsa, Watkins - they'll be making Emery think if he does need that new signing in that position. Buendia has been given that chance and not done it yet. I hope he gets MOTM every game in the run in and fires us to the Europa.

There’s absolutely no chance Emery won’t be looking for an upgrade on Buendia in the Summer. 

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

There’s absolutely no chance Emery won’t be looking for an upgrade on Buendia in the Summer. 

And you know this for certain because ?

If we take Ollie as an example - I for one would have very happily waved him off before Unai came along. Now I’m in the same boat as many others, I can see a very different Ollie, although still being cautious as it’s also possible we are witnessing a combination of factors.

Now I’m sure even you, would admit the Emi is a far more gifted footballer than Ollie is ever likely to be?

So on this basis - is it not possible that Emery can bring about greater levels of performance from Emi too? Is so we’d have one hell of a baller on our hands - would you not agree?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, ChesterDad said:

And you know this for certain because ?

If we take Ollie as an example - I for one would have very happily waved him off before Unai came along. Now I’m in the same boat as many others, I can see a very different Ollie, although still being cautious as it’s also possible we are witnessing a combination of factors.

Now I’m sure even you, would admit the Emi is a far more gifted footballer than Ollie is ever likely to be?

So on this basis - is it not possible that Emery can bring about greater levels of performance from Emi too? Is so we’d have one hell of a baller on our hands - would you not agree?

No. 

15 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Not true. If Buendia scores 15 goals in the last four games his spot is safe.

Edited by Tomaszk
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, ChesterDad said:

I guess we have to agree to disagree. I make you wrong tbh. But hey footie is all about opinions 👍🏻

And there was me hoping for a fight!

Listen, I'd love for you to be right and Buendia to absolutely smash it under Emery and really kick on. I don't see it though. I'd argue that he's one of the very few players that haven't improved substantially under Emery. Konsa, Mings, Cash, Luiz, McGinn, Watkins and even Martinez look like they've kicked on, but I still see the same flaws to Buendias game that frustrate me. He's got decent technique but he's too slow and too weak to be a top player. I imagine Emery wants more pace throughout the side and his is a key position where pace is important. 

He isn't for me and I think we'll have failed badly in the market if he's starting for us next year. Overally, he's really disappointed me since joining. I was all aboard the hype train when we signed him. 

I think he can improve under Emery. Size isn't everything. Of course we need to upgrade the squad but Buendia could still be a key member of the squad next season.

Far more important we get rid of the dead wood who are either injured all the time or haven't contributed towards our success this season and eat away at our payroll. Buendia is certainly not one of those 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, PaulC said:

I think he can improve under Emery. Size isn't everything. Of course we need to upgrade the squad but Buendia could still be a key member of the squad next season.

Far more important we get rid of the dead wood who are either injured all the time or haven't contributed towards our success this season and eat away at our payroll. Buendia is certainly not one of those 

Totally agree - I am genuinely surprised that some, cannot see Emi’s worth. Whatever you think of him, no one can say he is not talented and has capacity to get better. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

And there was me hoping for a fight!

Listen, I'd love for you to be right and Buendia to absolutely smash it under Emery and really kick on. I don't see it though. I'd argue that he's one of the very few players that haven't improved substantially under Emery. Konsa, Mings, Cash, Luiz, McGinn, Watkins and even Martinez look like they've kicked on, but I still see the same flaws to Buendias game that frustrate me. He's got decent technique but he's too slow and too weak to be a top player. I imagine Emery wants more pace throughout the side and his is a key position where pace is important. 

He isn't for me and I think we'll have failed badly in the market if he's starting for us next year. Overally, he's really disappointed me since joining. I was all aboard the hype train when we signed him. 

Better clear your diary Bailey and Coutinho will be back soon, so you'll need to be bitching angrily and loudly not rating players on three fronts.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

Better clear your diary Bailey and Coutinho will be back soon, so you'll need to be bitching angrily and loudly not rating players on three fronts.

If these players put in good performances instead of playing crap, they'll be no moaning.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

If these players put in good performances instead of playing crap, they'll be no moaning.

I can accept this point of view to be fair.

Buendias problem is he’s so close to being consistently good. His movement in the spaces is great then his passing let’s him down, so he gets the ball a lot which highlights him when he’s poor.

Bailey on the other hand looks like he’s never played professional football sometimes.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

if they play well the same posters won't be praising them though

I’ve praised Buendia a few times in the last couple of months. He’s put in a few decent performances. 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Seems to be one of Emery's favourite players. I'd be surprised if he were replaced.

Â