Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

10 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I didn't actually realise it was that low in regards to the amount of games he's started. 

This is why I said his words don't really mean much. He can say that he really rates him but when he starts 4 of the last 16, that paints a very different picture. 

Yeah and Coutinho started 14 of those 16, with double the minutes. Emi still had more goals and assists in that time (3/4 vs 3/1 iirc).

Just now, Keyblade said:

Yeah and Coutinho started 14 of those 16, with double the minutes. Emi still had more goals and assists in that time (3/4 vs 3/1 iirc).

I'm laughing at the thought of anyone daring to say that to Gerrard if he's benched again.

It'll be funny to watch him short circuit wanting to deny it.

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He started at Burnley and played well. The game that stopped us talking about the ridiculous talk of relegation

Dropped for Liverpool as it was Coutinho old team

Emi started the last 2 games of the season as well - Burnley (H) and Man City. 

Its not like he's banished him to the reserves. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tomaszk said:

I'm laughing at the thought of anyone daring to say that to Gerrard if he's benched again.

It'll be funny to watch him short circuit wanting to deny it.

Do they not let top tier journo Gregg Evans into these press conferences?

4 minutes ago, Xela said:

Yet Coutinho was playing poor and constantly starting. Same with McGinn, Konsa walking in over Chambers

The favouritism is clear and disgusting

22 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

I like him. Tough gig he's got. He needs to not put his foot in it so often.

Talking about "loaded questions", has anyone seen any loaded questions heading Gerrard's way? There could be soon if we don't start playing well of course, he's in trouble if getting ask if he thinks players played well draws some ire.

I think Preece was insinuating that the Buendia question is quite a constant.

Also, don't be surprised if word gets around in the social media age. I'm sure SG etc will be aware of what's being reported and fan chatter etc 

I also think in combination with " Look me in the eyes gate " has got him on the defensive with media 🤣

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Xela said:

He doesn't need to defend a position though? His justification is results. He lives and dies by that. 

We are talking about him being unable to defend his treatment of Buendia. That is nothing to do with results; that is an entirely different thing.

27 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Yet Coutinho was playing poor and constantly starting. Same with McGinn, Konsa walking in over Chambers

The favouritism is clear and disgusting

He purchased Chambers? It was his decision to buy him. How can you then say he isn't being fair to him?

Your agenda against Gerrard is weird. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

We are talking about him being unable to defend his treatment of Buendia. That is nothing to do with results; that is an entirely different thing.

Treatment? He isn't bullying him. 

Its a squad game and Emi is a key part of the squad. 

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

He purchased Chambers? It was his decision to buy him. How can you then say he isn't being fair to him?

So Chambers playing well and Konsa being shit and Konsa walking back into the team is me being weird. Same with Buendia/Coutinho

Maybe your blindness to Gerrard failings is the problem 

36 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Maybe your blindness to Gerrard failings is the problem 

Least i'm prepared to give him a chance. You wanted him out from day 1. 

1 hour ago, Xela said:

This is true - but how many other teams - don’t start with their best player?

44 minutes ago, Xela said:

Least i'm prepared to give him a chance. You wanted him out from day 1. 

The issue is - our best player is being continually overlooked for a pal of Gerrard’s  who unfortunately being a world class operator at some point is really not justifying his start.

How are supporters expected to react ?

Just now, ChesterDad said:

The issue is - our best player is being continually overlooked for a pal of Gerrard’s  who unfortunately being a world class operator at some point is really not justifying his start.

How are supporters expected to react ?

It is merely an opinion that Buendia is our best player though. I like him and I would start him with Coutinho, not instead of. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Xela said:

It is merely an opinion that Buendia is our best player though. I like him and I would start him with Coutinho, not instead of. 

I believe you would find it difficult  to find a better player in the majority of fans opinions -?however I respect that i can’t speak for everyone 

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Was about to say, who signed Chambers and who was the starting CB before Chambers came in, and under which Manager?

Farce that McGinn was starting over Sanson and Pogba Junior last season as well.

Also be interesting to know if when EMI signed he started straight away. Ffs

" It's disgusting "

I prefer Chambers over Konsa as well but Konsa was Deanos first choice CB so surely that must be the right decision?

The levels of petty are mindblowing

People nullify what could be reasonable opinions with their own hyperbole.

IMO 

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

2 hours ago, AV82 said:

He should rightfully answer for constantly putting our best player on the bench in favour of his underperforming best mate.

Or, as has been pointed out many times, player with niggling injury not risked by manager.

• Thanks 3

19 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Was about to say, who signed Chambers and who was the starting CB before Chambers came in, and under which Manager?

Farce that McGinn was starting over Sanson and Pogba Junior last season as well.

" It's disgusting "

I prefer Chambers over Konsa as well but Konsa was Deanos first choice CB so surely that must be the right decision?

IMO 

Emi did start against Watford away I'm pretty sure. Can't remember Newcastle, but definitely against Brentford where he scored that day. 

Overall under Smith he started 7/10 games, and under Gerrard 14/27 games, with be trend in the latter being a downward one, just 4 in the last 16. He started 11 of the first 13 games under Gerrard.

32 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

" It's disgusting "

IMO 

not sure what last manager has to do with it since Konsa had played a great season the previous year and Chambers wasnt here. Last year Konsa was really poor then got suspended and walked back into the team when Chambers was playing well

Â