Fantasy NFL 2021/22

Beastmix

9 hours ago, Beastmix said:

12 it is!

spacer.png

Excellent...now when the injuries ravage my team there SHOULD be a bit of quality left in the pool to replace them.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 16/07/2021 at 12:00, Brumerican said:

Well If needed I have recently new yahoo account   Brumerican2021@yahoo.com . Just let me know.

@Brumerican - We definitely need your contributions to the fairness of the scoring system and for calling out any cheating scumbags :D

On 19/07/2021 at 11:24, Dante_Lockhart said:

Can we rename the trophy this year to 'Easy Mode Trophy' since there is only TWELVE teams? ;)

Rename it the 'everyone gets a RB trophy'

Why not ring around to encourage more participants?  Must be some hiding in the shadows...

I have no friends so won't be much help!

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Tubby said:

@Brumerican - We definitely need your contributions to the fairness of the scoring system and for calling out any cheating scumbags :D

I will far more subdued this year . If anybody feels the need to be underhanded that's between them and their Gods. 😇

I want it to be fun for all.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Tubby said:

Rename it the 'everyone gets a RB trophy'

Why not ring around to encourage more participants?  Must be some hiding in the shadows...

I have no friends so won't be much help!

In all seriousness, 12 teams is a solid amount. Any more than this usually ends up with half the teams hoping their TE can score a single point and garbage time hero RBs.

We can always review it down the road.

• Like 2

On 22/07/2021 at 12:19, Beastmix said:

In all seriousness, 12 teams is a solid amount. Any more than this usually ends up with half the teams hoping their TE can score a single point and garbage time hero RBs.

We can always review it down the road.

I'm happy with 12. In my history my average finish with a 12 team league is 3rd. In a 16-20 team league my average finish is 13th >_<

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

I'm happy with 12. In my history my average finish with a 12 team league is 3rd. In a 16-20 team league my average finish is 13th >_<

You've set the benchmark now. Anything less than 3rd will be deemed a failure 😂

As I say, we'll see how this all plays out and I'll take notes of any improvements/changes suggested as the season progresses. Then we'll reassess everything at the end and alter where necessary.

There's possibly going to be some teething issues, but we'll definitely be proactive about making consensus-based changes every off season.

• Haha 1

Just to say, the draft has been set for Sunday Sep 5th at 8pm (BST) as it was approximately the same as previous draft times/dates. It's certainly best to do it the week before the season starts to prevent drafting players who go on to get final pre-season game injuries.

If there's an overwhelming desire for an alternative start time, I'll try to set it as an average. There's no way to please everybody here, but it will be somewhere between 6 and 9pm BST if a change is necessary.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Beastmix said:

Just to say, the draft has been set for Sunday Sep 5th at 8pm (BST) as it was approximately the same as previous draft times/dates. It's certainly best to do it the week before the season starts to prevent drafting players who go on to get final pre-season game injuries.

If there's an overwhelming desire for an alternative start time, I'll try to set it as an average. There's no way to please everybody here, but it will be somewhere between 6 and 9pm BST if a change is necessary.

Currently that fits fine with me.... fingers crossed the missus doesn't upset the plans

• Like 1

On 09/08/2021 at 17:55, Beastmix said:

The time allowance per pick is currently set at 1 minute and I'd suggest reducing that.  I think it was 30 seconds last season but can't be too sure...

• Like 1

@Beastmix

League votes to veto trades is currently set at 9/12.  I reckon 50% would be better, 6 votes.

I'd be happy to go through the other league rules if useful to have a second pair of eyes on them.

Edited by Tubby
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Tubby said:

@Beastmix

League votes to veto trades is currently set at 9/12.  I reckon 50% would be better, 6 votes.

I'd be happy to go through the other league rules if useful to have a second pair of eyes on them.

I've adjusted this and the draft time. Nobody wants to spend half a Sunday drafting their team (especially when the autodraft needlessly takes the full time allowance instead of just making the pick)

Yeah, if you want to have a look to see if anything has been overlooked, have at it. I want to avoid us starting the season unhappy with the settings.

10 hours ago, Beastmix said:

I've adjusted this and the draft time. Nobody wants to spend half a Sunday drafting their team (especially when the autodraft needlessly takes the full time allowance instead of just making the pick)

Yeah, if you want to have a look to see if anything has been overlooked, have at it. I want to avoid us starting the season unhappy with the settings.

When's the new draft time? Evenings were great!

2 hours ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

When's the new draft time? Evenings were great!

Sunday Sep 5th at 8pm (BST) which is roughly when it was previously. It's not too late for the European peeps and not too early for any North American folks. It's a good balance.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, sexbelowsound said:

Do we know what the draft order is?

It's currently set as random (since we're effectively starting anew), but if we want a reverse order from last year, I can set it up. Was reverse order the way we used to have it?

What does everybody think?

Edited by Beastmix
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Beastmix said:

It's currently set as random (since we're effectively starting anew), but if we want a reverse order from last year, I can set it up. Was reverse order the way we used to have it?

spacer.png

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Beastmix said:

Would probably be hard to do reverse order as there were 14 teams last season.

Random probably makes most sense. Could we randomise the draft order so we know which position we're picking from?

• Like 1

Â