Do you want Man Utd or Chelsea to win the Champions League?

briggaman

Do you want Man Utd or Chelsea to win the Champions League?  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Man Utd or Chelsea to win the Champions League?

• Man Utd
    • Chelsea
    • Couldn't care less

John Terry's Wiki:

On [[21 May]], [[2008]], Terry missed a penalty in the shootout which would have won Chelsea the [[2008 UEFA Champions League Final]]. Save for [[Ashley Cole]], such misfortune could not have befallen a more deserving word removed. Terry appeared to slip on the penalty spot before he made contact with the ball and could only hit the post, however, later video analysis of the incident showed that Terry was in fact distracted from the task at hand due to being distracted by a photographer of Afro-Carribean descent positioned behind the goal. Terry, a well known racist, turned to unleash a tirade of abuse at the unfortunate photographer whilst in his kicking stride. This caused him to slip and shank his effort off the post. Chelsea then went on to lose 6-5 on penalties to [[Manchester United]].

:crylaugh:

After the initial 20 minutes sparring i thought it was a great game.

So much incident and drama it was very fitting for the occassion.

Ronaldo came so close to being the villain of the story with that awful penalty but imo was by far the best player on the pitch, he was sublime and made international players look like kids. I mean Essien is a £24 million player and has been superb at right back, physically he is probably their best player to deal with him but he was made to look an absolute mug for most of the game.

Glad Man U won it to keep it from Chelsea.

I agree, I thought Ronaldo was excellent and proved his doubters wrong by proving he is a big game player.

He has world player of the year wrapped up now, and he deserves it.

I almost felt sorry for Chelsea... then Peter Kenyon bowled on to the field and I remembered exactly why I hate that club.

Seconded.

Don't know if anyone else noticed, when Chelsea went up to get their medals Kenyon was leading them, as they approached the Man u players etc Ferguson was first in line, Kenyon looked at him almost I suspect wanting to shake hands and Ferguson completely ignored him.

Quite possibly. He was having a good old laugh with some of the UEFA suits when collecting their losers medals (because he deserves one?) with a distraught John Terry behind. He's just a knob and that entire club reeks of him.

Have a bag of shiny Kudos you two! :)

I just could not work out what was going on with Kenyon walking the team up the steps. Absolute self-promoting tosser. For a minute i even wodered if it was normal procedure and i'd just not noticed before.

Im just watching the fallout from the game on SSN now. They highlighted the sending off and what actually caused the whole incident.

From a drop ball in which Man Utd were going to give the ball back to Chelsea, Tevez knocked the ball out for a throw in rather than pass it to a Chelsea player. Immediately a player in a blue shirt ran full pelt at Tevez to scream in his face. Tevez took exception and stood his ground. More players ran in and ultimately something was said which Drogba took exception to and we all know what happened then.

Drogba wasnt on the pitch to take a penalty, which he probably would have done. But you know who the Chelsea player who started it all was? Yep. John Terry.

Shoot yourself in the foot and you lose all sympathy.

Did he spit at him?

I know he was wiping his face with his shirt, I just presumed he was trying to cover his lips from being read whilst he racially abused him?

We need some euro nights at VP next season, we best not mess up against odense.

When was the last time the Villa was involved in any sort of penalty shoot-out?

FA cup semi at Wembley vs Bolton in 2000?

I can only think of a few in the last 15 years or so.

Bolton FA cup 2000 (won)

Internazionale UEFA cup 1994 (won)

Tranmere Rovers League cup 1994 (won)

Wimbledon FA cup 1993 (lost)

Are there any more?

We lost to West Ham in 1999 (southgate missing again) but this was scratched because of the ineligible Emmanuel Omoyinmi

Does anyone think Avram Grant will survive in his job?

Well you could get him 4/1 before the game on him still being in charge of Chelsea on the first day of the season. I imagine longer now, so he's surely a goner. Which I think is very harsh.

We need some euro nights at VP next season, we best not mess up against odense.

When was the last time the Villa was involved in any sort of penalty shoot-out?

FA cup semi at Wembley vs Bolton in 2000?

I can only think of a few in the last 15 years or so.

Bolton FA cup 2000 (won)

Internazionale UEFA cup 1994 (won)

Tranmere Rovers League cup 1994 (won)

Wimbledon FA cup 1993 (lost)

Are there any more?

We lost to West Ham in 1999 (southgate missing again) but this was scratched because of the ineligible Emmanuel Omoyinmi

I thought it was Alan Wright that missed the important penalty in that one?

Â