Celtic or rangers. In memory of growing up on the Holte

alexo

in memory of th eold days in the Holte. Celtic or rangers  

57 members have voted

1. 1. in memory of th eold days in the Holte. Celtic or rangers

• Celtic
    • Rangers

Spent my youth on the right side of the Holte and remember legs in the air, right side left side chants etc. I also remember the Celtic Rangers chants.

In memory of that I would like to see where our sympathies lie with regard to Glasgow. Personally what rangers did to Villa Park back in the 70's will not be forgotten or forgiven. Plus I'm a taig now living in Dublin.

Couldnt care less about either. Well, i care enough to post in this thread obviously, but i dont get why i should have to pick between two teams from a city ive only ever been to once who play in a country i dont even live in. Is it because the media tell us to care?

In memory of that I would like to see where our sympathies lie with regard to Glasgow. Personally what rangers did to Villa Park back in the 70's will not be forgotten or forgiven. Plus I'm a taig now living in Dublin.

For someone who doesn't know what happened could you shead some light on the subject?

(Neither for me by the way)

1976 Friendly? with RANGERS. Thousands of the bxxxards came down and took over b'ham for the weekend. There were so many pissed out on the street that they opened the Holte and let them in.It was the first and last time the Holte was taken by another team. After 56 minutes Villa were 2-0 up. Rnagers fans invaded the pitch and there were battles throughout the stadium. Match was abandoned.Children were hiding ion the Villa dressing room etc

For someone who doesn't know what happened could you shead some light on the subject?

(Neither for me by the way)

We played a friendly with Rangers in the mid to late 70s at Villa Park during the international weekend in November (IIRC). Expecting it to be a low key friendly, no one was ready for what happened, 15000+ Rangers fans turned up with drunks running wild in the city centre and then taking the Holte End before the game. They invaded the pitch after someone ran on the pitch with an Irish tricolour. The match was abandoned.

I wasn't born then but thats what I recall from reading 'Children of the Revolution', the best book that I have read about Villa.

Rangers

Ok, the 'friendly' in the 70's was an appalling day...my Dad was policing at that game and he said it was frightening. Still....rather that than a team with pro IRA fans

Touch one. I lived in Scotland for 4 years. With my Grandad being a rangers fan and my best mate being a Celtic fan i really couldn't pickone to "favour" so my answer is neither :D

Rangers i supose

The only connection i have with them tho is im a non catholic christian and im british

where does that religion come into it anyway

always see union jacks at rangers games and rep. of ireland flags at celtic games

why?

Â