Celtic or rangers. In memory of growing up on the Holte

alexo

in memory of th eold days in the Holte. Celtic or rangers  

57 members have voted

1. 1. in memory of th eold days in the Holte. Celtic or rangers

• Celtic
    • Rangers

I do not care for either of them. I used to prefer Rangers but having witnessed their attitude and behaviour in Manchester both before and after tha game then frankily I do not have any affection for either. I hope they are never allowed to join our league and they continue to rot in that pathetic excuse for a league.

Neither. Tiswas.

Swap Shop all the way for me :winkold:

Saturday Superstore for me.

Now then Trent, you are possibly too young to know that one side of the Holte chanted 'Tiswas' to the other's 'Swap Shop'

No sign of 'Saturday Superstore' anywhere :winkold:

(Swap Shop was crap by the way)

where does that religion come into it anyway

always see union jacks at rangers games and rep. of ireland flags at celtic games

why?

Because they're bigots.

dont rangers and villa share the same lion

i was told a while back that the reason for the lion on the badge is the same

if somebody knows the real reason, could they post it please

They both adopted the lion rampant of Scotland which is some 700 years old (used 1st by either Willaim I or Alexander II of Scotland).

Villa adopted the badge while Rangers were still relatively unkown in glasgow (Queens Park being by far the biggest club there at the time)

dont rangers and villa share the same lion

i was told a while back that the reason for the lion on the badge is the same

if somebody knows the real reason, could they post it please

They both adopted the lion rampant of Scotland which is some 700 years old (used 1st by either Willaim I or Alexander II of Scotland).

Villa adopted the badge while Rangers were still relatively unkown in glasgow (Queens Park being by far the biggest club there at the time)

cheers my fellow hall greenian

Because they have a flag they are a bigot?

I am a Catholic, and know plenty of Rangers fans who fly Union Jacks and some of them are my best friends.

No because they identify their club through religion and denounce the other for the same reason. That's why they're bigots. The flags are just a way of giving their religion a 'homeland'.

This thread made me remember that idiot in a Celtic shirt holding a sign before the Ireland England Rugby match in Croke Park. It read "No to Foreign Games". Dublin Scumbag.

I don't really care for either now. I did like Celtic when Martin O'Neill was manager. I only support Aston Villa and AC Milan.

Because they have a flag they are a bigot?

I am a Catholic, and know plenty of Rangers fans who fly Union Jacks and some of them are my best friends.

No because they identify their club through religion and denounce the other for the same reason. That's why they're bigots. The flags are just a way of giving their religion a 'homeland'.

I've always followed Celtic and am an Agnostic. I couldn't care less if someone believes in the trinity or not.

For me as a plastic, Celtic have always been a symbol for the migrated Irish population (you may disagree.........but it's a personal thing).

As for the pro-provo chanting, it's something I abhor and am very aware of.

I follow them as many posters on here would follow their national team. They're nowhere near as important to me as Aston Villa, but if i'm in a bar on a Sunday afternoon and Celtic are on, I will watch them and hope that they will win.

Â