Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

4 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

I love pictures like this. Just a sea of faces and expressions you can look at and choose your favourite.

IMG_0163.jpeg.eb45cb82aa3ab676e07c2ef9eece1553.jpeg

And there’s loads of correct choices.

The bro' in the front row in the blue jacket on his mobile has the look of a man who's just been text informing him his weed supplier is out of stock.

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’ve just had a horrible thought that the reason he hasn’t signed another contact is that City see him as ideal cover for Haaland.  It wouldn’t be the first time they have spent big money on an English player to provide cover for one of the main men.

A City side built entirely on technical qualities? Doubt it.

• Like 2

Just now, Tom13 said:

He doesn't lack massively in that area. His passing is very decent.

As is Ollie’s. I really don’t get why you think he’s so technically poor.  

Anyway it’s unlikely but I wouldn’t be surprised if it happened. They won’t find much better as cover for Haaland. With the chances City create Ollie would score shit loads.

1 minute ago, Tom13 said:

But Haaland is unbelievably clinical and aggressive. He finishes the chances created for him. Ollie isn't that kind of forward.

Mate have you seen his misses this season?  Haaland is the best around but he misses a hell of a lot of easy chances too. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 3

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

Mate have you seen his misses this season?  Haaland is the best around but he misses a hell of a lot of chances too. 

He does, but he's still a natural finisher. You don't have the record he does without being that.

Well the only reason he wouldn’t  a sign a new contract is if he he had a better offer lined up and that’s only coming from one of the big boys. 

So I guess nothing to worry about then if he’s not good enough for any of them(unless you’d have rather we sold him of course).

• Like 1

Positive news floating around the interwebs today about a new contract for him.

Ollie is happy here and club wants to reward him etc.

"Confidence " from all parties that a contract can be agreed soon etc

Lifted from " Aggregrator " bloke on FB Villa.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

We're made for each other right now.  I don't think Ollie goes anywhere "better" at the moment and I don't think we get anyone "better" at the moment either.

Can't see why he wouldn't sign a new contract if the offer is there.

16 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Well the only reason he wouldn’t  a sign a new contract is if he he had a better offer lined up and that’s only coming from one of the big boys. 

Or his agent feels by waiting we’ll increase. Or we haven’t offered enough. Or he wants to see how we progress, or he wants to see if Emery signs another striker……..

54 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Or his agent feels by waiting we’ll increase. Or we haven’t offered enough. Or he wants to see how we progress, or he wants to see if Emery signs another striker……..

Even with all them reasons you just mentioned I don’t think he would leave for less money than we would offer and the only clubs that will offer more are one of the big boys right ?

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

17 minutes ago, YLN said:

I thought his fingers in ears celebration was aimed directly at this thread. Did anyone else notice him say "What do you think of me now Tim Thirty"? Any idea what that could have meant?

Tbf I also thought it was aimed at me ;)

• Haha 1

Â