Academy General Topic

smetrov

7 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

There just needs to be another reason for them to be moving to the UK outside of football. Therefore if the parents can get a work visa then us recruiting this fellow is fine. 

That's what I said, yes, 'a legal reason to reside in the UK'. 

I’m not sure if this is old news or not, but The Secret Scout have said that we’ve ‘raided’ West Brom’s academy for Luka Lynch and Triston Rowe. They’ve also lost 3 others players to Chelsea and Arsenal. 

• Thanks 1

I think The Secret Scout are making a general point about how many of their top players they've lost over the last year or so, as Triston Rowe left them for us last summer and Kiano Dyer joined Chelsea last summer as well. I think Luka Lynch might be a recent move though, so will be interesting to see how he does, he came on for Lutz for the U18s against Chelsea on Saturday so I'm guessing he's an attacking player of some sort.

Edited by useless
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, useless said:

Lost 3-2 Arsenal scoring the winner four minutes into stoppage time.

U16s also played Arsenal and beat them 2-1, Charlie Pavey scored one of the goals.

Charlie Pavey 2035 Balon Dor winner 

My lad plays for a local team, the GK from the team went for a trial session thingy at a West Brom feeder development type thingy (hope that makes sense).

When he got there he was told the feeder club/development centre had been taken over by Aston Villa, so is now our feeder thingy.........and no longer is the feeder for West Brom.

The GK got called back for a second look.....so fingers crossed for him.

Villa really are taking this youth thing seriously arent they........we are literally asset stripping the West Brom entire academy tree and feeders lol.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 4

33 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

My lad plays for a local team, the GK from the team went for a trial session thingy at a West Brom feeder development type thingy (hope that makes sense).

When he got there he was told the feeder club/development centre had been taken over by Aston Villa, so is now our feeder thingy.........and no longer is the feeder for West Brom.

The GK got called back for a second look.....so fingers crossed for him.

Villa really are taking this youth thing seriously arent they........we are literally asset stripping the West Brom entire academy tree and feeders lol.

Goalkeeper already better than Nyland

Rhodes is Harvey Rhoades, usually plays as a right back but can also play left back and in central defence.

I've seen Duerden described as a midfielder but he's wearing the No.4 shirt today so looks like he's playing in defence, he doesn't turn sixteen until September according to transfermarkt, if that's right he's playing a couple of ages up and won't be a first year scholar until the season after next. Whether he was with Albion's academy I don't know but there seems to be a connection 'Witton Middle School to represent West Bromwich Albion in Premier League Under 11s final at Chelsea's Stamford Bridge'.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Edit: When you click on the transfermarkt link it says his birthday is March 09, so if that's correct he will be a first year scholar next season, still young to be playing for the U18s and is captaining the team today.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

They drew 1-1 which is a good result against Leicester who have something like twenty points than us, seems there's been an improvement since the team has become mostly a mixture of first year scholars and U16s, drew with West Ham who are second the other week, lost to Chelsea but sounds like first five minutes aside we gave them a good game, and narrowly lost to Arsenal this weekend just gone.

Sewell with our equalizer, Kellyman also came on for his debut.

• Thanks 1

U14s are into the last eight of the 'Nationals' according to the secretscout, U15s  have also qualifed, as well as being in the Quarter FInals of the Floodlit Cup, not sure if the game has been played yet or not but U13s also reached the Semi Finals of their version of the Floodlit Cup. With reaching the latter stages of tournaments and a few of them getting into the England U15 and U16 squads seems the academy in the lower age groups is showing promising signs.

• Thanks 1

We've been drawn in a group with Man City, Southampton, and Stoke, for the U15 national tournament. We won our first game today against Southampton 3-0, Dan Shaw scored two of the goals, Broggio got an assist. Tomorrow we play Man City and Stoke, if we qualify the semi-final and final is on Sunday.

• Thanks 1

Â