Academy General Topic

smetrov

15 minutes ago, siminjo said:

Have you any opinions on Mason Birch? I`ve seen he has got a goal in 2 of the last 3 games, and got a penalty aswell (though he missed that one) Anyone else in the U18 squad looking good?

I rate him highly, he works hard on the right of midfield, he chips in with goals too (Birch).

The captain Jake Walker always impresses me at right back, he made his under 23 debut last season as an u16, he's a first year scholar this season. He is 16 years old turns 17 in November 

Also, there's Dominic Revan at centre back who is excellent, he's also a first year scholar, he turned 17 in September I think. I'm surprised that the club haven't offered him professional terms, we usually do with our best prospects 

16 minutes ago, daggy_333 said:

Friend of mine goes to every Telford home game and a lot of away games, said Cowans is a footballer making a living off his dad's name. Been awful since he signed for Telford apparently.

That surprises me I always thought he was a good talent when he played for us

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

6 now!!

SGC - Have you seen McKirdy play? he's banging them in for the reserves (U23's.) How close to being an option is he? He must be pushing Hogan surely.

Yes, I've seen him quite a few times for the u23s, he always impresses me. I'm not sure that he'd be pushing Hogan as such because McKirdy isn't an out and out striker like Hogan is, he is more of an attacking midfielder 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Yes, I've seen him quite a few times for the u23s, he always impresses me. I'm not sure that he'd be pushing Hogan as such because McKirdy isn't an out and out striker like Hogan is, he is more of an attacking midfielder 

Where could he play or who could he replace in our current setup/formations?

7 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Where could he play or who could he replace in our current setup/formations?

I wouldn't want to put too much pressure on him, he's a very good talent but to say that he could automatically come in and replace someone in our first team might be asking a bit much of him

• Like 1

On 05/09/2017 at 11:32, sir_gary_cahill said:

Henry Cowans has signed for Telford, it's on the papers section on the OS, shame really, I always felt he was a good talent

Shocking player SGC seems whatever talent he had he unfortunately has lost that determination. I had to go and do some player scouting/potential targets at the AFC Telford vs Boston United for Salford City at the start of October and he was probably the worst player on pitch alongside the Boston United Right Back. Shame to be fair seeing who is father is.

The other chap is right when he said he is living off his dad's name. I predict he will be released by Telford whenever his contract is up. 

Edited by Villan4Life

Â